1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

All-Star orchestra.

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by THE SAW, Sep 2, 2012.

1. THE SAW

THE SAW

I really didn't know quite where to post this, but I read in the NY Times that Gerard Schwartz put together an assortment of pros from orchestras around the country and did some recording in New York for a TV series (I think)

Anyway, there isn't much info on the web, but I was wondering if anyone knew who the bassists were.

Thanks.
  2. ThumpPlunkJunk

ThumpPlunkJunk

That sounds amazing. I'd love to hear the result of that sort of thing. So many varying styles, so many different temperaments--it would be a colossal undertaking to get everyone together and on the same page. I'm sure the result would be fantastic though.
  3. Dr_Atomic

Dr_Atomic

4. Peter Ferretti

Peter Ferretti

From the pictures floating around facebook I'm assuming it's at least (in no particular order): Owen Lee, Lenny Finkelshteyn, Meredith Johnson, Jordan Frazier, Joe Campagna, Alex Hanna, and Aaron White.
  5. Blakewdm

Blakewdm

A bitchin section indeed!
  6. Adam Attard

Adam Attard

Hot damn.
  7. mjt0229

mjt0229

Gerry Schwarz, huh? I was living in Seattle for the end of his tenure there. By and large the orchestra played much, much better when he wasn't on the podium. It may be that he'd simply worn out his welcome with the band, because I've enjoyed some of his recordings with that orchestra years earlier.

Anyway, if these people play to their potential, it probably doesn't matter who's in front.