All TB chefs and cooks help me!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ImNotJoel, Mar 19, 2014.

1. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Many of you who are the cook of the house may have found yourselves in a rut.Making the same stuff try and find new ideas but you have picky kids or the old lady doesn't agree.

I have a whole chicken I am sick of baking it whole I may chop it up and fry it but I should be healthier.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Please no chicken soup I can only eat it when I feel sick if I eat it when I'm not sick it reminds me of being sick.
  2. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man. Supporting Member

3. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Breading it with panko is always good, or a good old crockpot mess
  4. Immigrant

Immigrant

Buy a six pack of beer. Rinse the chicken put it in a container that has a tight lid. Cover the chicken with beer. Soak it for 24 hours, pull it out, drain the beer (down the sink, not down your gullet), coat the inside cavity with salt. Cut an onion in half and cram it into the cavity. Roast as usual.

Way better than beer can chicken!

Don't use Guiness.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Technotitclan

Technotitclan Lurking TB from work

Try chicken cacciatore. Super easy.
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

9. Tractorr

Tractorr Supporting Member

Media:
    Get yourself a cast iron pan and then look up some recipes for how to cook chicken in cast iron. You will make a ton of smoke doing it correctly but you will have super juicy chicken with crispy skin plus you will render all of the fat out of the skin. Fried chicken was literally my favorite food in the world before I got a cast iron pan and this method just blows frying it out of the water.

Oh another one if you happen to have a Weber or similar grill is the beer can chicken method, very tasty.
  10. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Do yo ulike Asian food? Get a wok and learn to stir fry. It doesn't need a lot of oil. Break the chicken down, de-bone and remove the skin/most of the fat.
  11. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Deep fryer. 'nuff said.

Also slow cookers are divinely inspired inventions. I've got some mustard bbq chicken simmering away with carrots, mushrooms, onions, and celery and a touch of bacon right now. Will be ready for me and the kid after work.
  12. lakefx

lakefx Supporting Member

For quick and easy, butterfly the chicken and rub under the skin with spices. Through it on the grill with a foil covered brick or cast iron pan on top of it.
  13. Art Araya

Art Araya Supporting Member

Allrecipes.com.

My go to recipe site
  14. pedroims

pedroims

Grill it: Mix black pepper, garlic powder, cummin, paprika, ginger, lemon juice and plain yogurth, use the mix to marinate the chicken for couple of hours, through it on the grill .

Roast it: Rub the chicken with black pepper, garlic, cummin, paprika and ginger, put an onion in the cavity. Put the chicken in a oven pan, pour some beer in the pan. Roast the chicken
  15. bass_case

bass_case Used Register Supporting Member

Piece it out, season/marinade and throw it on the barbie.
  16. fraublugher

fraublugher

Stuffed breasts , goat cheese and Kale in there too , with a STALE young white wine risotto.

The complainers can stir the risotto.
  17. bassinplace

bassinplace

That sounds great! Beer can chicken is pretty good, too. Coat the chicken with Italian dressing. Drink half of a 16 oz. can of beer and insert it into the chicken. Stand it up on the grill, bottom of beer can side down and baste with a mixture of olive oil, soy sauce and garlic while cooking. Simple and delicious! :bassist:
  18. Happynoj

Happynoj

Debone, chop and fry the chicken with some chorizo. Remove from the pan. Fry onion, red pepper, garlic and chilli. Add tomato purée, thyme, smoked paprika and caraway seeds. Add meat back to the pan and season. Add approx 1 litre of chicken stock and simmer for 30 mins. Add rice straight into the pot and simmer for 15 mins.

It's like a super easy risotto, and is super tasty.
  19. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, D'addario, Planet Waves
    Chicken - I do a LOT of chicken.

Chicken tacos, always a win. Either boil in broth, onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, etc and shred. Or do it in a pan with spices and chop that bad boy up into bite size pieces.

Baked Teriyaki Chicken Skewers. Cut breast or thigh into 1" pieces, marinate in Teriyaki sauce for an hour. Soak some wood skewers in water while you're marinating. Skewer the chicken up, put on rack over a baking sheet and do it at 425 for about 25 min or until done. Flip once while cooking. Serve over rice with stir-fry veggies.

Spinach-Ricotta Stuffed Breast. Pound breast out with a kitchen mallet to about 1/4" thickness, dont go through the chicken. In a bowl mix cooked, drained spinach and ricotta. Add an egg white and salt & pepper - combine. Put a small amount of filling in the middle of your pounded chicken, roll it up and seal with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper and get a pan over medium heat. Cook on all sides and cover. Lower heat and cook for 20-30 min or until done. I top mine with a lemon sauce. Goes great with couscous.
  20. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Great suggestions everyone I will utilize tb again for food. I decided to try arroz con pollo but I will try the cast iron pan and the chorizo combo there.

I have a deep fryer....but not a grill I have breaded with panko and the parm method. I do stir fry but need to get a wok as well as a grill.

Great suggestions everyone I may be stuck again I have been running out of ideas thanks everyone.
  21. James Hart

James Hart

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Cool! How did it come out?