All tube Bugera BVV, new model 2014

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Dumoulin, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Dumoulin

Dumoulin

Hi, I just noticed this amp changed a bit this year. There use to be 6 leds at the rear side to indicate tube failure. For 2014 they just replaced that asset with 2 bias pots.

I find it stupid to let the user change bias value, most people do no have the tools or knowledge to set bias properly. Those pots should be hidden inside the amp or am I missing something?

I saw that on a german website, the official website still refers to the previous model. So I have no official explanation about this new asset.

Anyway i just ordered one of these, I'll let you know how it sounds.
  2. rocksmoot

rocksmoot

Shot glasses. Awesome post. :)
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Hate to be the suspicious one but the OP just joined and the second post just joined with what looks like -pasted ad copy?? Do these two work for Bugera?
  4. rodl2005

rodl2005

There IS reference to 'real live human beings' and skilled no less. Remarkable. 😆😆😆
    Edit: sorry A real live human being. Singular. 😵
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

So I'm pretty happy with my SS/hybrid amps, but I always wonder...
    Would a Behringugera amp be a decent inexpensive way to try out a high powered tube amp?
  7. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

They don't sell well enough in US to get much user feedback on TB. Cart chicken horses and eggs, but no omelettes.
  8. B-string

Sure. I don't see why not.
  9. Noot

Noot

I tested the earlier model in a shop once, it sounded amazing.
    As to why they changed the bias stage, the amp is 1/3 cheaper now.
  10. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

If You look at its (a bot) posts from the pop-up window, Your suspicions will be fulfilled ;).

Regards
    Sam
  11. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    6550 and KT88 are different valves. But various shady places sell 6550 as KT88 because KT88 proper are a higher spec valve.
  12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Bugera? Shady? Say it ain't so. LOL
  13. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

My guess is their autobias system was no more successful than the attempts by Traynor, Fender, and lately Ampeg, all having had teething problems.
  14. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    I actually did find a review on harmony central once about a big tube head by them. It was a guitar head, and probably completely different in just about every aspect. What stood out about it that sticks in my mind was that the poster noticed that it was too cramped to properly ventilate. It began to melt the tolex after a long session, and began to smell. I would imagine that a 300 watter would have the potential to burn down your house if qc and design flaws like that can make it to the end user, ever. I don't know if I'd trust them at all. My fingers are crossed that details like that have been addressed, but with those guys, who knows.
  15. seamonkey

seamonkey

If it says "Infinium" then it would have the auto bias.

I wouldn't doubt they ship a non-Infinium model at a lower cost, because as soon as an Infinium amp hits a non-Behringer tech it will probably get ripped out.

I see "Infinium" models now for $600. This is a price point that will get lots of attention.
  16. seamonkey

seamonkey

If Bugera has all this "Infinium" bias, then lower grade tubes would probably work for many. I wonder if their testing standards changed due to Infinium?

I've seen video's of some amp makers who pretest their own branded tubes. They get in blank unprinted tubes, test them, only if they pass do they get labeled.

The blank ones that fail go back to the supplier who sends them on their way to the next amp maker.

So where is Bugera in the blank tube rotation? First to get the fresh tubes, or down the line getting tubes the fail other amp maker testing?
  17. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Being older and wiser sure takes the fun out of things doesn't it. :)
  18. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member

I for one think there is a huge shortage of Chinese junk on the market so I'm really glad to see this.
  19. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Now which exact head is the new booger-a ripped off from? You know, reverse engineered but built with the cheapest junk parts available.
  20. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Bugera EL34B are Shuguangs, the set that came in my Infinium. I've seen rebranders selling flawed rebranded Shuguangs as 'low gain' varieties. Having under specification gain being touted as a 'feature'.
  21. B-string

Amen. :ninja: