Allen key size for Badass II saddles?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Say_Again, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Say_Again

Say_Again

Hey y'all,

Picked up a body with a Badass II bridge installed on it. I need to adjust the saddle height but I don't have an allen key that fits.

Anyone know what size it requires to keep me from hauling my bass down to the Home Despot to check the fit?

Thanks,

Bx

2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Every bass player should own at least one set of allen wrenches.

Make that 2

3. lavmonga

lavmonga Supporting Member

The BAII allen wrenches are so tiny that they don't usually come with most standard wrench sets, I have a few sets here and the only way I could adjust my BAII was with the wrench that came with it. Don't know the size though, sorry.

4. Storts

Storts

It's a SAE 0.05" allen wrench for the BAII bridge saddles.

You can order the single wrenches online, or I found it as part of a set at a Lowe's. A lot of allen wrench sets (including several that I already owned) stop at 1/16", which is the next size up from the 0.05".

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

yup, .050".

same as USA fender guitars, so any in-store guitar tech should have a drawer full of them and be willing to part with one cheap.

7. Say_Again

Say_Again

Thanks for the info. My allen sets only go down to .5mm and 1/16" and I could tell they were both too big. I'll try to score one on my next trip to the locally owned music store.

Attached Files: