1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Alleva-Coppolo vs. Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Modern Growl, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Modern Growl

Modern Growl

What's everyone's thoughts on this comparison? Build quality/tone?

I'm looking for fat, warm, thick tone. (Both would be spec'd as Alder/Rosewood)

Any thoughts?
  2. lefty007

lefty007

3. McHack

McHack

Dude, you linked him back to his own thread, that he was leaving for dead... How is that remotely useful? :eyebrow:

MG, wish I had useful data for you... I've only had my Metro for one day, & have absolutely NO knowledge of AC's...
  4. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Supporting Member

I have a NYC 5-24 and a LG-5. There is no difference in the build quality between the two - both are pretty near perfect! There is a big difference in sound between the two (obviously) and in the comparisons I have done between the Sadowsky Jazz 5's with singlecoils and the AC, the Sadowsky is much more modern and the AC channels that 60's jazz sound. Neither is better - both are great!

Dan K.
  5. Modern Growl

Modern Growl

both same wood spec?
  6. Modern Growl

Modern Growl

7. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey