1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Almost-complete American Fender fretless Jazz w/ poly board (add pickups/pickguard)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by TimBosby, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

So, I'm very tentatively thinking of letting this fretless go. This listing probably won't last long, as I'm prone to frequent changes-of-mind. So if you're in the market for a nice fretless, pull the trigger now.

This is a mostly-complete project and I shudder to think of how much I've already spent on it. The plan was to get it re-finished in martini olive green sparkle and then sell my existing martini olive green sparkle body. But now I'm thinking it may be more cost effective to sell this one in its mostly-complete state and put a fretless neck on my already-finished martini olive green sparkle body. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Here are the details:

Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass w/ 2007 Montego black body (not just standard black, but has a subtle bronze metalflake that makes it look really cool) paired with a 2003 factory lined rosewood-board neck. The beautiful rosewood fretboard features gorgeous abalone dot inlays and was professionally coated in hard polyester by Pat Wilkins (wilkinsguitars.com) - it's amazing and looks like glass. The neck itself is maple with an incredible fast and smooth satin finish. I weighed it at right around 7 lbs. Granted, this is with no pickups, pickguard, or preamp, but even with all those things, I couldn't see it being too much more than 8-8.5 lbs tops. The body has a small divot on the lower bout and some light scratching/swirl marks in various areas. The neck is in great shape save for some minor dings on the top. All these issues are very small.

Pickups and pickguard? I don't have either. I sent my gold anodized pickguard to Chandler to have it used as a template to have a white one made. I haven't heard back from Chandler in a while - I assume he will send me the gold one and new white one soon. If you buy this bass, you can have either of those pickguards if you want. As far as pickups, you're on your own. The bass WILL come with your choice of an Audere 2-band preamp or a Rothstein 2-band preamp. Uninstalled in either case. You can also choose between a Fender high mass string-through-body bridge or a standard Fender string-through-body bridge. Neither of these options affect the price. I'm asking $795 + actual shipping or best offer. PM me for a shipping quote. Will ship in a nice Gator double gig bag. Lower 48 preferred, but will ship anywhere if you pay for it. No trades.

Pics attached of how she looks now in her naked state... :eek:

Attached Files:

2. TimBosby

And a couple of how she looked wearing the Audere preamp, DiMarzio pickups, and the gold anodized pickguard... :hyper:

Attached Files:

3. TimBosby

Couple more. Check out that fretboard finish! :bassist:

Attached Files:

4. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TimBosby

Keeping unless someone has an amazing offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.