1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Alright Pedalphiles, what do you know about The Syle?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by autodidact, May 2, 2012.

1. autodidact

autodidact

I just picked this pedal up out of the classifieds [thanks again Shish] after eye ballin' it for a while.

PedalsPlus Effects Warehouse - the SYLE Umiom Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal

After a little tweaking of the controls this thing sounds nuts...in the best way possible. The lows are there, the frequency [tone] knob covers a HUGE range, plenty of gain on tap but it's easy to tone down to a more subtle, rumbly sort of overdrive. I dig this pedal a lot and have been looking at a couple other things they've done on the above linked site [Velcrofuzz looks BANANAS] but The Syle doesn't seem to have a website. Can't find any real information on them besides that there stuff is sold almost exclusively on Pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com

Anyone able to shed some light on these guys?
  2. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

I wonder if this company is related to The Style? They were kind of short-lived, and made similar-looking pedals.
  3. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

I think the Syle has always been the Syle. Someone else around here nabbed their 'green filter' a few years ago and it was a really dirty squealy filter as I recall. Their web presence has always been pretty sketchy; the website used to work, but it was never up to date and for a few years always had about 20 pedals with samples 'coming soon'. The samples they did have up were all pretty dirty or lofi versions of a standard pedal type IIRC.
  4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    ^^^^ This is my understanding as well.
  5. holowonshandi

holowonshandi

Hey all! The Syle is actually a line of effects by Bill York who also makes Holowon effects, both under Holowon Industries Inc. The Syle line has been on hold for a while but a re-release is expected over the next couple of months starting in Feb. Some of the Syle pedals have been renamed and are available now as well as some other original effects.

www.holowon.com
    www.facebook.com/holowon
    www.etsy.com/shops/HolowonIndustries

Cheers!
    Shandi
    Sales @ Holowon Industries Inc.
  6. ImaStupidBaby

ImaStupidBaby Supporting Member

pedalphiles sounds very very wrong if you say it out loud