Alternative arpeggio fingerings

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by markjsmithbass, Feb 2, 2014.

1. markjsmithbass

markjsmithbass Supporting Member

Whoa. Finally finished recording one long-ass video on arpeggio (chord tone) fingerings. Took forever to write out the music for all the examples and then after finishing all the encoding and uploading I realised there was a bit of my background stand visible in the vid. Arrgh!
    Anyway, the video covers the 3 basic fingerings you can use for any single arpeggio around one root note position. It's the same as the tri shape system I covered in the scale vid (if anyone saw that) . I've been really looking forward to putting this lesson out there because this stuff made a big difference to me when the penny dropped. There'll be a follow up lesson on complete neck coverage but hopefully that won't take me as long.
    http://www.talkingbass.net/music-theory-bass-guitar-3-essential-arpeggio-fingerings/

Hope that's of help to someone. I know it's long but it's certainly shorter than a comparable lesson I'd give on a one to one basis.

Mark