1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

alternative to a DOD fx25 envleope??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AngryPig1, Jan 29, 2014.

1. AngryPig1

AngryPig1

Hi I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent (and cheap) alternative to the DOD fx25 envleope? i wanted it for the dub tone you can get out of it but having real trouble getting hold of one in the UK. everyone always seems to talk about this specific pedal for dubs...

thhhaaaaanks
  2. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Zoom MS-60b. It has several envelope and low pass filters, plus octaves and some synthy stuff that you can string together and get all dubby on the cheap.
  3. gregmon79

gregmon79 We've come to kill gods...... Supporting Member

Not sure if this is cheap to you, but the SA Manta is pretty bad a** and is $170 brand new, the same price of some single pedals out there right now. While the Manta is a single pedal, it has two footswitches that can store two presets and has a TON of filters and could do what the DOD does and SO much more. I astually used to have the FX25 and did like it. But now that I have gotten a Manta, I will probably never need another filter. Ever. I lost interest in filters for years but the Manta most def sparked my interest in them again.

As Jumble above stated, the 60b is also a great alternative. Has so many, very usable and very fun, filters, delays, reverbs, auto wah, amp sims, dist/OD/fuzzes, octaves and synths to have hours of fun with. I do indeed have the most fun with the synths in the 60b myself.
  4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I replaced mine for the super dubby effect with a Mojohand 443

Has to be the 443 the 442 is a totally different beast

That said it's not an fx25 clone just does the dub sound if you want it for that only
  5. acleex38

acleex38

Where would you start with the Manta to head down the FX25 route...just to get in that neighborhood?
  6. AngryPig1

AngryPig1

thanks everyone. i'lll have a little look a those, the multi efx may be a little out of my budget.... I just remember seeing those DOD's knocking about for around £25-30 ($50??) a couple of years ago and regret not getting one now!