1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Alternatives to Photobucket?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Zooberwerx, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Photobucket is becoming just too difficult to use. The revisions / refinements are worthless to the project. What other easy-to-use sites would you recommend?. Other than posting pics on TB, e-mails, etc., I have no other use.

Thanks

Riis
  2. Jordan S.

Jordan S. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Blacksheep Effects Pedals
    Dropbox. Upload your photo to the "public" folder, right click, click on "get public link" and paste said link wherever. Easy, check it out.
  3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings
  4. Zooberwerx

Okay, I signed up and am able to upload a photo to Dropbox but I can find no reference to a "public folder". What am I missing? Thanks.

Edit: The same holds true for Flickr: I uploaded a photo but remain unsure as to the procedure to post it within a TB thread.

Riis
  5. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Flickr isn't too hard to do, but there's a trick to it...click on the photo so that you see the different sizes. Once you get to one of those photos, you can copy the image url.

Edit: after you click on a photo, on the upper right corner, it has "View all sizes." After you click that, the url of the photo there can be copied, and you can pick the size you want.
  6. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Like this:

[​IMG]
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You don't have to use the new Photobucket (for now). I tried it and sent them a bunch of reasons why it sucks, then switched back to the old format. I haven't gone back to the new one to see if they followed my recommendations.
  8. Zooberwerx

My thoughts exactly. Problem is the link to "old Photobucket" does not work...any ideas? That's okay as I've got Flickr up and running. I much preferred PB as the uploads and editing capabilities were insanely easy.

Riis
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    When I go into the new Photobucket (which I just did, and it still sucks), there's a link near the upper right hand corner that lets you switch back to the old PB.
  10. Zooberwerx

The link now works...it didn't earlier. I'm back in business.

Thanks

Riis
  11. Atoz

Atoz

+1
  12. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

imageshack.us
  13. hover

hover

I use Google Picasa a lot, and Flickr. Really not that hard to use, and is, imo, made to be easy to use.
  14. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I like Photobucket, but I prefer the older site because it takes more clicks to get an IMG url, and you have to wait longer for more pix to load. I changed back.
  15. Zooberwerx

I was able to switch back to the "old" PB. My pics / albums were readily available, and editing is easy as is "snagging" a pic for posting.

I appreciate all the suggestions!

Riis