1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Alternatives to the Fender Tele'?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Discharge, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Discharge

Discharge

2. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

3. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Tele basses use a square heel, and standard p's use a rounded heel. They would not be a drop in replacement
  4. Widow1942

Widow1942

Question from a new player: how much does a smaller headstock play into neck-dive? It was one of the reasons this particular bass appealed to me. I haven't gotten to play one yet to judge for myself.
  5. jlt5x

jlt5x Supporting Member

If you bought it as is, you could probably sell the neck for more than enough to cover a new neck....
  6. pfox14

pfox14

All the Tele basses have that headstock shape because they are meant to mimic an early 50s P-bass design. I think you'd be better off finding a P-bass, add another pickup and design your own Tele-inspired pick guard.
  7. lz4005

lz4005

In practical terms, there's little to no impact on neck dive.
  8. ReidK

ReidK Jst sy n t lssy cmprsn. Supporting Member