Although i dislike them on guitars....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Andii Syckz, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

I've listened to many bands that use emg pickups on bass. Mostly wednesday 13 and his band murderdolls. I'm planning on getting an esp (ltd) viper set neck construction, strung through body, obvs. emg humbucker pickups, master volume, blend, and 3 band eq bass mid treble.

Im looking for a tone such as this:
  2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    I like the EMG guitar pickups better. :)
  3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Theres a whole lot of diff emg pup models for emg, several humbucker models for examples. Greater variety for wound pref then they offer for bass. I hope your viper with emg fullfills your desires easilly.
  4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I love the EMG's in my Treker and every time I read somewhere that they aren't the greatest pickup and I want to change them out I play that bass and wonder if I'm going insane about changing them because they have a growl like nobody's business and sound incredible.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    I hated the EMG JJ's in my Guild. Gone in favor of Sadowsky!
  7. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

The first thing I do when I get a bass with active EMG's is yank them out! I actually don't mind the way they sound, but they sound awful when used with effects. Both of my USA Spectors now have passive pickups.