1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Alvaro Benavides, Latin bass as good as it gets

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Jan 2, 2014.

1. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

Check this out, how he locks with the congas and does all the little hits.What a pocket!!! The solo is great too.....
    I have been into this new Salsa/Timba stuff for a while now and am always looking for great electric bass players in this style on the web. Alvaro Benavides is one of the best there is. Every time I hear him my jaw is on the floor.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    I was more impressed with the keyboardist. Dude is amazing! Bassist was killin' it though. I'll be looking for that cd tonight.
  3. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Supporting Member

Pretty great pocket.
  4. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

I know, the keyboardist is something else as well.
    OK here's another one with a different piano player. She's great too her name is Ariacne Trujillo.
  5. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

I was introduced to that band about a year ago by a percussionist I play with. Love the band. I would highly recommend that you take some Afro-Cuban percussion lessons if you're into this music (or at the very least check out some instructional videos). It will no doubt help your playing and your overall understanding of the music.
  6. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

I did buy a set of congas a couple of years ago, I'm not very good yet but I got the Tomas Cruz method and I'm slowly going through it.
  7. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

I did the same thing a few years ago. I'm not great either but learning what I did (on congas and bongos) really helped me get a better grasp of Afro-Cuban music (not to mention percussion parts in popular musics of all kinds).
  8. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

WHAT A GREAT TRIO! Thanks for posting this!