1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Am I crazy? Ibby Roadstar/ATK hybrid.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jacsipmac, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Jacsipmac

Jacsipmac Supporting Member

Here's my crappy mock-up. I just finished the template for the ATK pickup, and I'm working on the one for the pickguard now. Here's what I'm thinking the final product will look like.

Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

Electronics will by ATK CAP triple coil, and some kind of jazz pup. 5-way switch, vol, mid/p-p treb/bass stack.
  2. CBRXJ

CBRXJ

I think the 5 way switch should be on the pick guard.
  3. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

don't they make an ATK with a jazz pup in the neck position? why not just get that?
  4. Martin89

Martin89

Disclosures:
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    ^Yeah, those are awesome. They're like $800 though so if you have all the stuff you need to do this, I'd say go for it.
  5. Jacsipmac

Jacsipmac Supporting Member

I thought about an ATK, but I'm not crazy about how they look. I love the Roadstar on the other hand, so I thought I'd just build myself the best of both worlds. I think this is actually going to come out cheaper too. I got the Roadstar for $200 shipped.

I was worried the humbucker half on the pickguard would look funky, but I kind of dig it.

And putting the 5-way on the guard would simplify routing, but I worry it might look cluttered. I guess it works on Strats. Maybe a flush mount side jack and shifting the knobs down would help. I'll keep playing with the layout and more pics tomorrow.

Thanks for the input, everyone!
  6. handofseven

handofseven Supporting Member

Score on the Roadstar!

I actually like how you've laid it out. Clean and uncluttered.
  7. rustindeth

rustindeth

ATK tone and Roadstar aesthetics - what's not to like?
    I couldn't bring myself to carve up a Japanese beauty like that but if you can, then go for it.