1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Am I getting screwed!?

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help Desk' started by brekfustuvluzer, Dec 6, 2013.

1. brekfustuvluzer

brekfustuvluzer

I bought a rickenbacker 4003 on the classifieds here from user stugotz for $1400 and sent payment almost a month ago. At first he was responding to my messages but he stopped about a week ago and will not answer my phone calls either. As far as I know the bass has not been shipped. I know he sold a geddy lee and and amp and a couple of cabs on here too. Have the other buyers received their gear? What should I do about this? I don't want to involve paypal if possible but feel like I don't have many options. I just want my bass! $1400 is a lot of money to me and it's extremely nerve racking not knowing where it is. Any suggestions?
  2. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

A month is a long time to wait. Way too long. Involve PayPal, and do it now. PayPal has a finite time in which to file a claim.
  3. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

That's an awfully long time. I have good success with PayPal refunds (never with a TB transaction)
  4. mark beem

mark beem Supporting Member

Unacceptable. Get the TB mods involved as well.
  5. Thrash3r

Thrash3r

Way too long, time to get PayPal involved before it's too late.
  6. brekfustuvluzer

brekfustuvluzer

Dang, I guess I don't have an option. He told me he was having a family crisis and then with thanksgiving I was trying to be as understanding as possible but I'm out of patience at this point. Thanks for the responses.
  7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    His problems are not your problems. File a Paypal claim now. PM a TB mod as well.

By the way, he was last active on TB on Tuesday 12/3!
  8. Reptileroundabo

Reptileroundabo Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    endorsing artist for Spector basses
    I remember that from the TB class, it was only 2 weeks ago if im not mistaken. Still though, whatever service he would have shipped should only take 5-7 days MAX con US even if he waited a week to ship, you should have it by now. If he has not shipped yet, start a case through Paypal. There are plenty of 4003 ric's in the 1400 price range. some even less.
  9. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

if people are going to sell online, they need to educate themselves a little on etiquette.
    lately it seems like the standards have slipped a little.
    a month is way too long man-two weeks would have made me antsy.
    don't wait another minute.
  10. lundborg

lundborg

I believe the PayPal timeout is 45 days (check their website)

I got screwed not too long ago (evilBay Germany), waited too long and lost 133 Euro

Reason given for the delay was a "broken foot"

File a case with PayPal now!
  11. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

File a claim. Also, contact pick of the ricks. You can get a brand new one to your door in the USA for $1590(ish) without any BS.
  12. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

I've been having issues with people not communicating recently... thankfully neither one was on TB.

First, bought a tuner on eBay. Waited a day or two, then emailed the seller asking if/ when the pedal would ship. Waited another day or two, asked again. Then it became almost daily that I emailed the guy. A week after I paid him, I threatened to get my money back, and only then did he respond. He said "oh sorry, didn't know this sold, I'll ship tomorrow". That was all I ever heard from him. He did ship a couple days later, but I had to threaten him with any and all actions I could take to get my cash back. Needless to say, he got some terrible feedback.

Second was more recent. Found a road case on craigslist a few weeks back. Guy only posted a phone number, no email, so I didn't bother with it for a week or two (I prefer email at first, then phone, if necessary). Texted the number he had listed, made an offer, heard nothing. I thought it might be a land line. Earlier this week, decided to finally bite the bullet and call. Called on Monday, left a voicemail. Called a few hours later. Called a couple times the next day, left another voicemail. Nothing. Third day, he reposted the ad, so I called again. Called half a dozen time that day. Nothing. Fourth day, he re-posted the ad saying this was the last chance then he was going to trash the case. This time he had a link to email him. Emailed him, clearly saying I have cash, I want the case, please contact me. Nothing. I posted my own ad on craiglist asking if anyone had been able to get a hold of the guy, and, hoping the guy would read it, I told him to email me so I could meet up. FINALLY got an email from the guy saying "DUH ITS GONE". After exchanging a few more emails, and getting some responses from other area musicians, I've come to the conclusion that the guy has a real problem. He does this all the time. Posts an item, then never answers any communication, continues to re-post the items, threatens to throw them away, pulls the ads, then posts them again weeks later. I cannot logically figure out why he does it, so I have to move on. It's a pity, I could still use that case!
  13. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

Having only reading the thread title, I'm going to presumptively answer "Yes."

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.
  14. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

PM the moderators and file a claim with paypal
  15. snarebear

snarebear

His avatar says it all.
  16. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

I will never understand sellers like this. Negative feedback seriously hurts your sales by scaring off potential bidders. If you're going to risk negative feedback, why on earth do it over a short dollar item??

I bought a gas tank on ebay. When it arrived, the tank had serious rust issues that were not mentioned in the ad. When I mentioned this, the seller at first accused me of causing the rust, and then claimed I swapped the tank. After some very very unpleasant communication from her, ebay forced her to accept the return. I gave her scathing feedback, and her response was to stop selling on ebay. Guess she showed them! :meh:
  17. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User Supporting Member

[​IMG]
  18. Shosun

Shosun

Is it Stugotz? No, that's an insult in Italian.

Has this transaction outstanding with no shipment on goods promised, but then pops a posting today gushing over TB community.

From all appearances a fairly thin and transparent countermeasure.

OP, delay no more. It's a hassle, but this guy looks to be a tough case.

Wish you well.

S
  19. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

I thought "stugotz" meant penis or something similar. I Googled it once while wondering why Tony Soprano named his boat that.

The seller in question hasn't appeared since 12/3 but he's got a lot of stuff for sale.

OP, good luck getting this resolved (getting your money back)! Judging by his avatar, he's half a head case (not always a bad thing) and to him, his personal problems outweigh his responsibility to ship the bass. Sad.
  20. cnltb

cnltb

Am I getting screwed!?...

if in doubt...;)