Am I messing up my amp or speaker by doing this?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BassPlayer900, Feb 8, 2013.

1. BassPlayer900

BassPlayer900

I did a search but didn't get the results I wanted.

So I'm playing through a Fender Rumble 75 combo amp. This is how my EQ is typically set: Bass @ 12:00, Low Mid @ 3:00, High Mid @ 3:00, and Treble @ 5:00 which is all the way up.

Having my treble EQ all the way up isn't going to ruin something is it? It doesn't seem like it's too hard on my amp, but I'm not an amp expert...

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Nope you are fine.

3. Marginal Tom

Marginal Tom

Cranking your mids and treble is unlikely to cause problems. Cranking your bass while cutting mids and treble with high overall volume level is the riskiest. Low frequencies require more energy and generate more heat.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD GET OFF THE DRUM RISER?????

If you want to become a real bass player you'll have to give up the drooling!!

Good luck with the bass and, as Mr B posted, your amp will not explode.

:D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

If you were to switch the tone controls out of the signal path, you'd hear a pretty noticeable difference in volume between In/Out and this causes a couple of things to happen- first, you would hear more noise when you're not playing and you wouldn't be able to crank the volume as high without distorting. The signal going to the output is hotter the way you're running it, so the better way to get a similar sound is to back the controls off by 2-3 clicks, then tweak as necessary. It shouldn't hurt the amp unless you play it hard all day, every day. Heat is what kills amps and speakers.

7. BassPlayer900

BassPlayer900