Am I the only one who thinks too much about new gear?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NelsonNelson, Jan 4, 2013.

1. NelsonNelson

NelsonNelson

I decided I was going to get more serious about bass this year, and put together a pedal board. Nothing too serious...and it has sucked every spare minute of my life the past 3 days solid deciding on the gear.

Anyone else go through this difficult of a time deciding on things? I feel like I have mental issues now after finally deciding on the pedals and patch cables.
  2. rotis

rotis There is more

3 days? Oh you ain't seen nothing yet. Three days a week for months and months per purchase? Now you are getting close.
  3. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

LOL...

No, you're not the only one, and yes, it does get worse.
  4. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

I lose sleep thinking about new gear...and I don't even gig!
  5. knappymer

knappymer

I'm like this with amps and cabs. Definitely feel your pain.
  6. AaronMB

AaronMB

3 days? You got off easy this time.
  7. tomnomnom91

tomnomnom91

I'm exactly the same, but it can go on for months. I've regretted purchases in the past because I just bought one of the many options I was assessing, which I did in order to stop losing sleep over deciding what to get.
  8. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz

No!

I spend many hours researching, reading reviews and comments, comparing sound samples, try to figure how it will be with my current setup, taking chances, realise after a while it's not exactly to my likings, sell the damn things sometimes with regrets after etc... I did learn a lot doing this but it is indeed time consuming.

Mental issues? With time, gear addiction will overcome the guilt... :) So welcome!
  9. RED J

RED J Play what you want how you want & quit arggerin ! Supporting Member

The only one ?? bwahahaha...you're a real funny man !
  10. NelsonNelson

NelsonNelson

Haha thanks for the laughs on this everyone. Yeah I ended up with an all new pedalboard: Polytune Tuner, Aguilar TLC, Mad Professor Blueberry, and a Markbass Super Pro DI all housed on a Pedaltrain Mini board and Mogami gold patch cables.
  11. scubaduba

scubaduba Supporting Member

See my signature. Why do you think I have two instruments for sale/trade? :D
  12. Makatak

Makatak

I seem to think about gear more than Wife, Job, health.
    Im watching my kids playing and find myself thinking " maybe I should try changing from D`Addario to Rotosound ".......
  13. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

If youre getting serious about bass then ditch the pedals. :bag:
  14. adivin

adivin Supporting Member

What are you kidding? This whole forum revolves around this problem.
  15. rockamimjazz

rockamimjazz

+1! Getting there is half the fun. My wife has a saying regarding my bass addiction to gear: "..it never ends." Wish I could say she is incorrect. And I also happen to be a gigging drummer...let's not even go down that road :D
  16. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

When you think your thinking too much step back for a second. No one is gonna be able to tell a difference but you. Fans don't care. It's a tool to be used. Spend the time practicing, that'll make a bigger difference. Gear is fun sometimes, though.
  17. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz

Congratulations on your new pedalboard! Well thought out choices. Now let's see how long it's gonna last... ;)
  18. Mr L

Mr L

Ha 3 days? I've been up till the wee hours of the morning trying to find a way I can magically switch my P basses rosewood fretboard to maple for the past 2 weeks... It's killing me I want a maple P so bad...