1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Am I the only one who thinks too much about new gear?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NelsonNelson, Jan 4, 2013.

1. NelsonNelson

NelsonNelson

I decided I was going to get more serious about bass this year, and put together a pedal board. Nothing too serious...and it has sucked every spare minute of my life the past 3 days solid deciding on the gear.

Anyone else go through this difficult of a time deciding on things? I feel like I have mental issues now after finally deciding on the pedals and patch cables.
  2. rotis

rotis There is more

3 days? Oh you ain't seen nothing yet. Three days a week for months and months per purchase? Now you are getting close.
  3. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

LOL...

No, you're not the only one, and yes, it does get worse.
  4. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

I lose sleep thinking about new gear...and I don't even gig!
  5. knappymer

knappymer

I'm like this with amps and cabs. Definitely feel your pain.
  6. AaronMB

AaronMB

3 days? You got off easy this time.
  7. tomnomnom91

tomnomnom91

I'm exactly the same, but it can go on for months. I've regretted purchases in the past because I just bought one of the many options I was assessing, which I did in order to stop losing sleep over deciding what to get.
  8. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz

No!

I spend many hours researching, reading reviews and comments, comparing sound samples, try to figure how it will be with my current setup, taking chances, realise after a while it's not exactly to my likings, sell the damn things sometimes with regrets after etc... I did learn a lot doing this but it is indeed time consuming.

Mental issues? With time, gear addiction will overcome the guilt... :) So welcome!
  9. RED J

RED J Half Hip, Half Hick Supporting Member

The only one ?? bwahahaha...you're a real funny man !
  10. NelsonNelson

NelsonNelson

Haha thanks for the laughs on this everyone. Yeah I ended up with an all new pedalboard: Polytune Tuner, Aguilar TLC, Mad Professor Blueberry, and a Markbass Super Pro DI all housed on a Pedaltrain Mini board and Mogami gold patch cables.
  11. scubaduba

scubaduba Supporting Member

See my signature. Why do you think I have two instruments for sale/trade? :D
  12. Makatak

Makatak

I seem to think about gear more than Wife, Job, health.
    Im watching my kids playing and find myself thinking " maybe I should try changing from D`Addario to Rotosound ".......
  13. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

If youre getting serious about bass then ditch the pedals. :bag:
  14. adivin

adivin Supporting Member

What are you kidding? This whole forum revolves around this problem.
  15. rockamimjazz

rockamimjazz

+1! Getting there is half the fun. My wife has a saying regarding my bass addiction to gear: "..it never ends." Wish I could say she is incorrect. And I also happen to be a gigging drummer...let's not even go down that road :D
  16. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

When you think your thinking too much step back for a second. No one is gonna be able to tell a difference but you. Fans don't care. It's a tool to be used. Spend the time practicing, that'll make a bigger difference. Gear is fun sometimes, though.
  17. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz

Congratulations on your new pedalboard! Well thought out choices. Now let's see how long it's gonna last... ;)
  18. Mr L

Mr L

Ha 3 days? I've been up till the wee hours of the morning trying to find a way I can magically switch my P basses rosewood fretboard to maple for the past 2 weeks... It's killing me I want a maple P so bad...