1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Am not really sure were to put this qestion

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by InsaneBassninja, Mar 14, 2014.

1. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

Ok.. am buying a 27" eight stirng guitar. My tuneing is EAEADGBE. So am not sure how much tension would a 80 bass string be at E. If this thread is the wrong place. Please move it. Then send me a message about were to put things in.

2. Jensby design

Jensby design

If you know what the tension is at 34" :)rolleyes: probably 23.575 lbs) take that number ÷ scale[SUP]2[/SUP] × new scale[SUP]2[/SUP]
    In this case 23.575 ÷ 1156 (34[SUP]2[/SUP]) × 729 (27[SUP]2[/SUP]) = 14.86693339

or

This tension chart http://circlekstrings.com/CKSIMAGES/CircleKtensionChart130105.pdf read the bottom of page 3 first ;)

3. knuckle_head

knuckle_head

Disclosures:
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    You'll want a .086 and .061 to go under a standard set depending on tension preference.

There are guitar strings this gauge . . . . .

4. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

Thanks for the Formula. "lol"

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

I know but the thing of it is... it has a port that requires a bass stirng.

Ha, port what type of port?

7. knuckle_head

knuckle_head

Disclosures:
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    If the hole the string threads through is .15" or smaller a guitar string will hold - barely, but it will hold.

8. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

ok... When I said ports I was thinking of a shipping port. I don't know why. Am not sure what am working with yet. I'll inform you all when I have it ready. how ever I'll give you a Idea of what am working with this may help as well. http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_...4&cat_id=1&series_id=3&data_id=207&color=CL01

The photo should be on the right.

9. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Dingwall ABZ Player Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    "Port" means "string ferrule". Just cut the ball end off a bass string and stick your guitar string through it. Then through the ferrule... port.

10. Jensby design

Jensby design

Glad you found it useful :rolleyes: I was afraid it might be over your head. :ninja:
    "lol" :confused: "Leap Off Ledge" :scowl: I don't understand kids these days :meh: he must think he's a ninja or something.