1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Am not really sure were to put this qestion

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by InsaneBassninja, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Ok.. am buying a 27" eight stirng guitar. My tuneing is EAEADGBE. So am not sure how much tension would a 80 bass string be at E. If this thread is the wrong place. Please move it. Then send me a message about were to put things in.

2. If you know what the tension is at 34" :)rolleyes: probably 23.575 lbs) take that number ÷ scale[SUP]2[/SUP] × new scale[SUP]2[/SUP]
    In this case 23.575 ÷ 1156 (34[SUP]2[/SUP]) × 729 (27[SUP]2[/SUP]) = 14.86693339

or

This tension chart http://circlekstrings.com/CKSIMAGES/CircleKtensionChart130105.pdf read the bottom of page 3 first ;)

3. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Disclosures:
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    You'll want a .086 and .061 to go under a standard set depending on tension preference.

There are guitar strings this gauge . . . . .

4. Thanks for the Formula. "lol"

5. Sponsored by:

6. I know but the thing of it is... it has a port that requires a bass stirng.

Ha, port what type of port?

7. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Disclosures:
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    If the hole the string threads through is .15" or smaller a guitar string will hold - barely, but it will hold.

8. ok... When I said ports I was thinking of a shipping port. I don't know why. Am not sure what am working with yet. I'll inform you all when I have it ready. how ever I'll give you a Idea of what am working with this may help as well. http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_...4&cat_id=1&series_id=3&data_id=207&color=CL01

The photo should be on the right.

9. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Dingwall ABZ Player Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    "Port" means "string ferrule". Just cut the ball end off a bass string and stick your guitar string through it. Then through the ferrule... port.

10. Glad you found it useful :rolleyes: I was afraid it might be over your head. :ninja:
    "lol" :confused: "Leap Off Ledge" :scowl: I don't understand kids these days :meh: he must think he's a ninja or something.