Amazon Deals Thread----DISCUSSION posts ONLY!!!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    This is for those of us who are subscribed to the Amazon deals thread.

There have been a few times I needed to ask a question regarding a deal post, or felt compelled to post a comment... and well, anyone who's tried to do that knows that there are people involved who's lives are dependent upon that NEVER, EVER happening :). Causes them to erroneously race to thread, and open a post only to find that it's a comment, and not a deal.

Since we absolutely can't have that happening, I thought it might be a good idea to start another thread where all questions, opinions, thoughts, discussions, etc. could be added without risk of harming anyone, or causing any repurcussions.

PLEASE POST THE DEAL LINK FIRST, AND THEN ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO SAY AFTERWARD. WILL KEEP THINGS SIMPLE.

If I had had my morning coffee before creating this post, it may have been void of the sarcasm :).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

1st question:

http://www.amazon.com/JamHub-BedRoo...&qid=1392000822&sr=1-278&keywords=bass guitar

With the $149 jamhub. I was interested, but the price is not $149, and wasn't pretty quickly after the link was posted. Was that the proper link? Thinkin it was... but more imortantly, if a price shotts quickly back up, is it likely that the lower price will be offered again? Should I keep my eye on it, or did I just miss the deal and it's the end of the story?

2. BillisCool

BillisCool

Sometimes the price changes right back after someone purchases one.

3. flojob

flojob Supporting Member

4. Joe Nerve

Disclosures:
    Do you know if they ever go back down? Or is that unlikely? I am so bummed I missed the jamhub. For $150 I'd grab one of those. Wouldn't for anything more though cuz it could very well just collect dust in my place, like my electronic drums and about 10 other pieces of gear are :/ . Need to get serious about selling some stuff off.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nsh50a

nsh50a Supporting Member

Amazon varies the price on their items fairly often based on demand and supply. I often employ an amazon price tracking tool like http://thetracktor.com/ Once there, you can paste a link to an item on amazon you want and it will give you 3mo/6mo/lifetime historical data on amazon prices for it as a way to track how often it goes down to a certain level. You can even set a price for the item that you want so that if it ever drops to that level or below it will immediately send out an email notice to you. If theres an item that i want that drops in price frequently and I can wait on it, this is the best way I've found to get the deals. Another option is one called camelcamel. but i don't like it as much

7. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

Thanks!

8. Joe Nerve

Disclosures:
    Double thanks! :)

This thread has already yeilded me a couple of PMs that have been really helpful. Well, almost helpful. For anyone interested in the jamhub, it is (or was) available at bestbuy for the same price as the amazon sale. I tried however to order it, and it was a no go. They say it's not available for delivery, only delivery to store, but there were no stores in the 3 states I searched that they would deliver to. Which leads me to believe it's NOT available, or I just didn't jump on it quickly enough.

And, with that said, I'd like to vent for a second. If I'm the only one who feels this way, then so be it. I've a feeling that I might be.

I liked the old amazon thread where people did discuss what was for sale. A lot of really good information came out of that, with a lot of helpful hints. There are lots of times I wanted to ask questions about something, and several times I even wanted to post things like, "DON'T DO IT! EVEN AT THAT PRICE!", or YOU CAN GET IT EVEN CHEAPER HERE!". But as anyone here knows who's attempted that, we're immediately reminded via PM NOT to do that kind of thing. It is my contention that there are only 2 or 3 people that feel REALLY STRONGLY about it being deal posts only, and well, I kinda think it takes away as opposed to add to the usefulness of the thread. Is it really that disappointing to go to the thread and see that someone posted "subscribe"? If something like that was ruining my day, I'd think I had bigger issues I needed to address. Anyhow, I'd love to do away with this thread, and go back to the old Amazone thing, but if I'm alone on this, I'll never bring it up again :). I promise.

9. nogoodwithnames

nogoodwithnames Supporting Member

You are not alone. :)

Some people just have to have something to complain about I believe.

10. Joe Nerve

Disclosures:
    Like me, about this :).

11. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

You are correct, sir. It was more useful and fun the old way.

It is especially unhelpful when folks post a link without stating the price. Amazon pricing is so volatile, who's to know what price they found attractive? Key info that is often omitted now, maybe because they don't want to be accused of "discussing." :rollno:

The solution is to turn off email notifications. Boom. Done. :bassist:

12. Bitterdale

Bitterdale Natural Born Lurker Supporting Member

I am in agreement, as well.

13. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Definitely.

Often you'll see for example three left at the super low price, then two left at the regular price.

14. nogoodwithnames

Haha, well played. I guess I am just as guilty.

But the old way was definitely more informative.

15. Joe Nerve

Disclosures:
    Anybody want to start a campaign? Or vote? Or something? I just got back from buying a shovel, and have to do laundry now. Have off from work today and would love to waste it on the internet, but I'll get mad at myself if I do that.

16. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Hee hee! I see what you did there... :D

17. retardedpossum

retardedpossum

I agree Joe. I was admonished last week for commenting on that thread. Fun totally has been sucked from that thread.

18. Bitterdale

Bitterdale Natural Born Lurker Supporting Member

What if we started a new thread: Amazon Deals - DISCUSSION WELCOME!

19. Joe Nerve

Disclosures:
    I've a sneaky suspicion more time, aggravation, and energy goes into cleaning that thread up and warning people, than if people just posted like they used to :).

I'm really curious too how many people feel strongly about it being deals only. I really think it's only about 3 people.

I didn't do my laundry yet.

And the shovel wasn't for the laundry. Although it may have helped

20. nogoodwithnames

I'm subbed to that thread also, but I want to hear what people think of the deals too. Just because something is cheaper than anywhere else doesn't mean it's necessarily a deal, it could just be a piece of junk.

21. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Just pulled the trigger on this deal for the PF800:

[​IMG]

There's only 1 left now.