1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

American fender jazz deluxe

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ynot_bass, Feb 3, 2014.

1. ynot_bass

ynot_bass

Feb 3, 2014
    Hi, I purchased a 2007 American fender jazz deluxe body on eBay. I bought it with intentions to make a custom bass out if it. I started working on it and have realized that I am having a VERY hard time finding a neck. It's a 5 bolt neck. I can really use some advice. Thanks!

2. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    If you find a neck that fits the neck pocket, it can be re-drilled with the correct 5 holes. I would personally be on the look out for a neck from a 2007 American Fender Jazz Deluxe which will already fit.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    What he said.

If you got the body from the stratosphere I'd bet they also have a neck.

If you didn't get the body from the stratosphere I'd still bet they have a 5 bolt neck.

5. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    What he said! :D

6. ynot_bass

ynot_bass

Feb 3, 2014
    I didn't buy it from stratosphere but I did contact them and they said they don't have any necks with that bolt pattern.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
  8. ynot_bass

ynot_bass

Feb 3, 2014
  9. Rocky McD

Rocky McD

Jun 28, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Disclosures:
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    The American Deluxe uses a 22 fret neck, not a 20. If you put a 20 fret neck on it you will have to move the bridge.
    Rocky