1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

American fender jazz deluxe

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ynot_bass, Feb 3, 2014.

1. ynot_bass

ynot_bass

Hi, I purchased a 2007 American fender jazz deluxe body on eBay. I bought it with intentions to make a custom bass out if it. I started working on it and have realized that I am having a VERY hard time finding a neck. It's a 5 bolt neck. I can really use some advice. Thanks!

2. Lownote38

Lownote38

If you find a neck that fits the neck pocket, it can be re-drilled with the correct 5 holes. I would personally be on the look out for a neck from a 2007 American Fender Jazz Deluxe which will already fit.

3. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

What he said.

If you got the body from the stratosphere I'd bet they also have a neck.

If you didn't get the body from the stratosphere I'd still bet they have a 5 bolt neck.

4. Lownote38

Lownote38

What he said! :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ynot_bass

ynot_bass

I didn't buy it from stratosphere but I did contact them and they said they don't have any necks with that bolt pattern.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

8. ynot_bass

ynot_bass

9. Rocky McD

Rocky McD

Disclosures:
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    The American Deluxe uses a 22 fret neck, not a 20. If you put a 20 fret neck on it you will have to move the bridge.
    Rocky