1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

American fender jazz deluxe

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ynot_bass, Feb 3, 2014.

1. ynot_bass

ynot_bass

Hi, I purchased a 2007 American fender jazz deluxe body on eBay. I bought it with intentions to make a custom bass out if it. I started working on it and have realized that I am having a VERY hard time finding a neck. It's a 5 bolt neck. I can really use some advice. Thanks!
  2. Lownote38

Lownote38

If you find a neck that fits the neck pocket, it can be re-drilled with the correct 5 holes. I would personally be on the look out for a neck from a 2007 American Fender Jazz Deluxe which will already fit.
  3. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

What he said.

If you got the body from the stratosphere I'd bet they also have a neck.

If you didn't get the body from the stratosphere I'd still bet they have a 5 bolt neck.
  4. Lownote38

Lownote38

What he said! :D
  5. ynot_bass

ynot_bass

I didn't buy it from stratosphere but I did contact them and they said they don't have any necks with that bolt pattern.
  6. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

7. ynot_bass

ynot_bass

8. Rocky McD

Rocky McD Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    The American Deluxe uses a 22 fret neck, not a 20. If you put a 20 fret neck on it you will have to move the bridge.
    Rocky