1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

American Horror Story - Silly?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

This show started off as pretty interesting, but I think that the ghosts hanging around and chatting, and all of the ghost/mortal sex is getting dreary. I also thought the introduction of the Elizabeth Smart/Black Dahlia ghost was tacky. I know it has been almost 65 years since Smart was murdered and turned into the "Black Dahlia," but she still was a real person who would be 87 or 88 if she were still alive. I think that since no one knows who killed and desecrated her body, speculation tends to focus on her instead of a killer. Portraying a murder victim as a whore who basically had it coming, just isn't fair, IMHO.
  2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

I found the show kind of silly and disjointed from the 1st episode, but found that others seemed to like it, to my suprise.
  3. Marial

Marial Proud Papa-to-be Supporting Member

It's chock full of crazy nonsense. It really makes very little sense. I'm enjoying it immensely.
  4. jabsys

jabsys

The last few episodes haven't been as good as the first ones, it feels like they're stretching it out as long as possible, I can't see how they're going to keep the story going into a second season.

Having no idea who Elizabeth Smart/Black Dahlia, I just assumed it was another made up character, doesn't seem right making up a story for a real person.
  5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    That show lost my interest very quickly! Not gonna make it another season!
  6. Dr. Cheese

I think it designed to be a one season show, but I an losing interest.
  7. Dr. Cheese

Yes, the Black Dahlia was a real unsolved murder in LA. It was a very brutal murder and dismemberment. Underground pictures of the crime scene and autopsy made the case famous. They were very gruesome; I saw them and they gave me chills.
  8. Marial

Marial Proud Papa-to-be Supporting Member

James Ellroy wrote a book about his mother's murder. Very similar.

My Dark Places
  9. jabsys

jabsys

Already has, they've confirmed there's going to be a season 2, another 13 episodes.
  10. Sonic_Death

Sonic_Death

I'm a proponent of the show, but I'll be the first to admit it has taken a couple of strange turns.

I'll stick with it because I am still enjoying watching on numerous levels, but the additions of so many ghosts coming and going arbitrarily is definitely off-putting. I do actually like the disjointedness and the multiple storylines though... it adds a certain quality to the show. It's fun to not exactly know what is going on, or what scenes are "real" or part of the house's illusion.
  11. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

We watch it & I have to admit I felt like my "Lost" chain was getting pulled a lot (which they are still doing with a mystery behind a mystery), but the last episode & where it appears to be leading to, takes the show to a different level. Far more than just the house & its spirits. Still entertaining with no real redeaming characters, maybe the maid?
  12. amroach

amroach

+1
  13. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

As long as the young housekeeper is there bending over in her underwear, I'm fully in.
  14. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler Supporting Member

I like it. It's entertaining. I don't watch it for anything else.
  15. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

+1000

It's no Walking Dead, but its a good show. My wife is a big fan.
  16. Richland123

Richland123

I have not watched the first 4 episodes yet but saw a few others and find the show to be very quirky. I know it is on purpose but I am not quite sure if I will stick with it much longer.

I do really like The Walking Dead and don't miss a show and the new show on AMC called Hell On Wheels is a great western with terrific acting.
  17. Dr. Cheese

I really liked the way the show finished. I can see where it was concieved as a single season show. I heard that it was picked up for a second season, I hope if it is, it starts with entrirely different story line. Going back to the same old house would very quickly jump the shark.
  18. jabsys

jabsys

Last episode was one of the better ones, I can't wait for the next season to start now, it's a new location and new cast for the second season.
  19. mongo2

mongo2

It lost me after 3 episodes.
  20. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Gravity Picks
    I watch it religiously. Beau, the son in the attic who is killed by "burn man", is portrayed by a kid I went to high school with. Kind of cool fact.

Next season is "in a new location, with new ghosts. Some of which are portrayed by the same actors. A hint can be found in the last 3 episodes of the show." Im pumped.