1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

AMERICAN IDOL 2013 season BASS PLAYER on the FODERA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mb94952, Feb 24, 2013.

1. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Gold Supporting Member

Anybody know who the man behind the Fodera is ? He plays well (duh, he's a pro !), has good tone, and seems cool, too. But of course, since he's a bass player it's a given he's cool !

I find that his Fodera sits in the mix well yet is distinctive in any style of music. His bass is flamed maple top, and maple fretboard. It looks like a six string.

Anyway, I haven't watch AI in a few years, but this season is entertaining with Charlie Askew, especially. He had the bass player laughing, too !

[​IMG]
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I like his bass playing also and you can tell he can really rip but he's playing within the confines of the show.
  3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

That's the guy from last season, I think. Same bass too.
  4. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorser: Marco Bass Guitars
    I believe that's Artie Reynolds... There was an article on him on BP magazine a while ago.
  5. mb94952

Here he is at Fodera with his basses !!
    I love to watch the show because obviously it's entertaining, but I can't wait to watch (hear) him play !!

[​IMG]
  6. mb94952

I just googled that. You're right ! Here's an awesome article on the man known as "The Unknown Idol"

http://www.bassplayer.com/article/artie-reynolds-unknown-idol/149164

It is such a good article !! I now have even a higher respect and I can't wait for the next episode !! Live music rules.
  7. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

I spent some time with Swol Ray and he is a killer bassist too.... And a really great dude!

He was Idol's touring bassist a few years back.

Idol doesn't seem to hire anything but great players regardless of what one thinks of the show.