Amp Advice

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BettyGuard, Jan 13, 2014.

1. BettyGuard

BettyGuard

What is a good home practice amp for a 5-string Schecter Stargazer? I'm hoping for under $200. Thanks for you help!
  2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Media:
    Pick one. Just about anything you can find either new or used will work well for what you want. Heck, I use a 4w Rogue guitar amp to run scales and give me a little amp sound when I want it at home. I paid $12 new for it from MF. Had it for 6 years now. Built in tuner and everything. Great little amp. Would not use it to play in a band with, but to noodle around practicing scales and whatnot, it works perfect.
  3. Grissle

Grissle Supporting Member

I think "5 string" capable might be the point your trying to make, is this correct? Capable isn't the correct word maybe, but something that will give you a strong B string. Is this what your looking for?
  4. P Town

P Town Guest

Ampeg BA-110.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

My vote is to go used. I wasn't happy with the sound of any current production combos I played in that price range.
  7. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

8. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

I had an Acoustic B20 a few years ago...AMAZING amp for the price. AC seems to have replaced it with a 30 watt combo and if it's anything like the B20, it is well worth braving Guitar Center to have a look.
  9. BettyGuard

BettyGuard

Yeah, "5-string capable" is what I'm looking for.
  10. Grissle

Grissle Supporting Member

I'd go used. Maybe check the big online shops used sections for an Ampeg ba112 or something similar in the 50w range that is also ported.