1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Amp Buzz when Turned Off

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BJMtz, Feb 22, 2014.

1. BJMtz

BJMtz

Last night as I was setting up for a gig at a local bar Ii plugged my power cord into my amp then into a surge protector and I noticed a slight hum coming from the amp. The amp was completely off, only plugged into the power source. I unplugged it from the surge protector and directly into the outlet and same noise occurred. I played the amp earlier in the day at home and did not notice that sound. Got me a little worried. Amp performed great during the gig but I was stressing that it could die on my or something. Not good since I don't have a backup and we only use PA for vox and nothing more. Anyone ever experience this? Amp is a GK Goldline 500.
  2. bobcruz

bobcruz

3. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member