1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Amp buzzing when not touching the strings

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Nalnacs, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Nalnacs

Nalnacs

Hello :),I got a new bass yesterday its a Peavey Milestone pluged into a little Peavey practice amp. It sounds great but when ever I turn the Pick-up blend control knob up the amp with start buzzing unless I'm touch the strings. If i touch the strings it will sound perfectly fine and if the pick-up blend knob is turned all the way down it also sounds fine. Would the problem be the amp? The amp is much older than the bass, i would of thought that there would be no problems in a brand new instrument.
  2. bassbenj

bassbenj

Hum that goes away when you touch ground (the strings, control plate, jack body etc.) is a sign that the bass needs shielding or the shielding is not properly grounded.

Whatever made you think that a cheap bass (or expensive one for that matter) had to come with proper shielding?