1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Amp comparison

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Fenderkong13, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Fenderkong13

Fenderkong13

A friend of mine is selling a Dean Markley K-20Bx for $20
    I'm currently considering returning my used crate Bx-15 ($25) and picking up the dean. Anyone have insight on the quality or sound? Which would be better? I'm just looking to get a bit more output for practice

2. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Looks like 25w into a 10"? I wouldn't count on a whole lot of volume from it at all. If you need something bigger, what is your budget? We can likely recommend something much better. :)

3. Fenderkong13

Fenderkong13

I'm just looking at the two listed. The Crate and Dean. The budgets about the $25 and i plan on getting a decent setup within the next few months. But for now i just need a small practice amp. With more output from Dean. i was wondering which one someone would suggest i go with.

4. hodgy

hodgy

Disclosures:
    Tech Support- Ampeg/ Mackie
    I've got cables that cost more than both amps combined. Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread.
    A-B the 2, see what works for you.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

If I understand this correctly, you already have the Crate. Assuming that there is a 5 watt difference between the two amps, it will likely not result in any noticeable difference is volume. In other words, I wouldn't consider it worth the effort to make the change.

Keep playing and save for a larger amp.