1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Amp comparison

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Fenderkong13, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Fenderkong13

Fenderkong13

A friend of mine is selling a Dean Markley K-20Bx for $20
    I'm currently considering returning my used crate Bx-15 ($25) and picking up the dean. Anyone have insight on the quality or sound? Which would be better? I'm just looking to get a bit more output for practice
  2. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Looks like 25w into a 10"? I wouldn't count on a whole lot of volume from it at all. If you need something bigger, what is your budget? We can likely recommend something much better. :)
  3. Fenderkong13

Fenderkong13

I'm just looking at the two listed. The Crate and Dean. The budgets about the $25 and i plan on getting a decent setup within the next few months. But for now i just need a small practice amp. With more output from Dean. i was wondering which one someone would suggest i go with.
  4. hodgy

hodgy

Disclosures:
    Tech Support- Ampeg/ Mackie
    I've got cables that cost more than both amps combined. Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread.
    A-B the 2, see what works for you.
  5. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

If I understand this correctly, you already have the Crate. Assuming that there is a 5 watt difference between the two amps, it will likely not result in any noticeable difference is volume. In other words, I wouldn't consider it worth the effort to make the change.

Keep playing and save for a larger amp.