Amp controls

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by pflash4001, Mar 27, 2014.

1. pflash4001

pflash4001

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that so many amp makers are putting their control panels on the top rear of their combo amps? I just find it much more convenient to have the controls facing the front of the amp. Sometimes I'd like to make a minor tweak to my settings during a set and it's made difficult because of the location of the controls. Sometimes when playing small gigs or rehearsing with a small box mixer it would be nice to set it on top of my amp (obviously as long as there are no cooling vents blocked) and it's impossible because then I can't reach my amp controls. Is anyone else frustrated by this?
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I am it bugs me also and I really don't know why they are doing it are people requesting it?I even hate the power button on the rear.
  3. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Yes I agree that is very frustrating. However it does make the cabs more compact. They don't have to make the cab bigger to fit it on the front.
  4. pflash4001

pflash4001

I don't think it makes THAT big a difference in cab size...at least not enough to justify the inconvenience factor IMHO.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

That makes perfect sense but it still sucks and why is the world obsessed with making everything tiny when humans continue to get larger with every new generation?
  7. eukatheude

eukatheude

Because combo amps usually are not very tall, so that enables you to fiddle with the controls while standing rather than needing to crouch.
  8. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

That 's another reason I like my Markbass Berlin combo over the standard 15 combo . Especially since adding the NY151 extension cab beneath it.