1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Amp for my new brand Squier VM Jaguar SP??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by tiritos, Oct 31, 2013.

1. tiritos

tiritos

At last I decided a Jaguar Bass from Squier. It is the model SP. Any suggestion for the amp?
    I need one just to play at home or with friends
  2. Pudge Fish

Pudge Fish Gold Supporting Member

I loved my VM Jag! I threw on some tapewounds and that puppy sounded great (until I gave it to my friend). For a good combo, my money went to Gallien-Krueger. The crisp, clean sound and lightweight design of the MB112 still blows me away. I like my Carvin R1000 head, but GK is lightweight and I cant find any complaints.
  3. tiritos

tiritos

Thanks!! What is your opinion about changing the pickups and the bridge?
  4. C.Linton

C.Linton Supporting Member

What don't you like about the pickups and bridge?
  5. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

6. Pudge Fish

I changed the pickups to some DiMarzio DP126 and was blown away. Better balance than stock. No problems with the bridge. I did rock some hipshot tuners but the post size on the Squier is a little large. Had to shim with electricians tape, but it helped the tiny bit of neck dive.
  7. Pudge Fish

The pickups werent quite as balanced as I would like... for $100 (per pair!), DiMarzio solved that problem and added a bit of punch!
  8. tiritos

tiritos

Great!! Can you remember the model?
  9. Ironbar

Ironbar

Yeah, I totally have to second this recommendation! I absolutely LOVE mine. The Tube Drive and Tone Print features are pretty cool. Just ordered the foot switch for it too. I still can't believe how ballsy this amp is for having such a light weight! I can rattle the windows without having the gain and volume past 12 o'clock.
  10. C.Linton

C.Linton Supporting Member

I was asking the OP.