Amp head help

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mefgames, Jan 30, 2014.

1. mefgames

mefgames

I am selling my 2/3 of my bass rig, but keeping my Eden 2x10 XST cab. I need to buy an amp head to power the Eden. Can anyone give any suggestions as to what would be a proper fit ? The Eden handles 500 watts. I play occasionally with friends for fun, but am not in a band. I would like an amp that could be used for small gigs just in case. I've been looking at MarkBass and TC Electronics.

Thanks in advance
    Mike
  2. Cirk

Cirk

Mike,
    A Carvin BX500 or Hartke LH500 might suit your needs. Of course, what sounds good to your ears is most important.
  3. lpbfender

lpbfender

I have had the same cab and I love the Eden WT400 hybrid. It has 400 watts and you can find them for about $450.
  4. CintiBill

CintiBill

I would recommend you check for used Eden heads on ebay. I have the Navigator bass preamp matched with the World Tour 1250 amp. Eden has great tone.

Good luck.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Abrahampost

Abrahampost

An Eden world tour 800 would pair nicely. Don't be fooled by the sticker shock you can find then used for around 500 bucks. They push a healthy 400 watts per side which is plenty for medium gigs. I like having a stereo head for the insurance at a gig if the power amp dies you have a back up built in.
  7. mefgames

mefgames

I have done a bit more digging and am a bit perplexed about wattage. Just for a test, I hooked my MusicMan RD 50 head up to my Eden 210 XST cab. It seems to power it just fine. So why are all the bass amps 300 to 1200 watts ? I'm leaning towards the MarkBass Little Mark 800 Tube, and still considering the TC Electronics RH750. The Eden is still in the running, but I'm not sure I want another Eden.

Still wondering about the wattage thing though…….

Thanks, Mike
  8. orangejulius3

orangejulius3 Supporting Member

Look at GK MB200 head
    $300
    200watts
    2 lbs.

It's a great investment and can act as a back up amp.
  9. kleinenenten

kleinenenten

+100 Mine is awesome! Powers my 410 enough for my metal band, has great practice utilities, is incredibly light and mounts on my pedalboard if I'm ever running DI to the house sans cab. Can't recommend it enough!
  10. mefgames

mefgames

My new GK MB Fusion 500 arrived yesterday. I've only had a couple hours with it, but it powers the Eden 210 XST with no problem at all. Nice deep bass notes with clarity, and versatile yet simple tonal controls for any other sound you need. It truly rivals my old Metro at a fraction of the bulk and weight.

Thanks again guys for the replies.

Mike
  11. edencab

edencab

12. mefgames

mefgames

Here's a pic.

Attached Files:

13. matthewbrown

matthewbrown Supporting Member

I have one of these, and use it as my main amp with 2X10 SWR and a 1X12 ampeg portabass.