1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Amp Head or Cabinet trouble. Please help!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Basstreble, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Basstreble

Basstreble

Hey so I'm writing this post because i need help figuring out what is wrong with my bass rig set up. I am running a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 into a 500W Genzbenz Enclosure cabinet. The Shuttle itself is not working correctly. The cabinet works fine when it's with the Shuttle, but randomly seems to make a white noise/ scratchy buzzing sound. So i am not sure what I should do. I'm willing to bet the Shuttle is broken and I'm thinking about getting a new amp head. Please tell me what should I do, or what i need to get. Thankyou.
  2. slyjoe

slyjoe Supporting Member

Are you plugging a preamp directly into a speaker cabinet?
  3. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    +1 my thoughts.
  4. slyjoe

slyjoe Supporting Member

I also don't understand the bolded parts above :confused:
  5. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    maybe the problem is that he can't get the pre to work with the shuttle... OP?
  6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Problem is operationer? Crank up the mids so we can understand better Basstreble. :)
  7. darius8

darius8

I thought he was plugging the cab into the pre-amp, I was so confused I quit reading this thread, logged off and watched Jay Leno. :D
  8. Basstreble

Basstreble

Ah sorry fellas, that was a bit unclear. My Genzbenz shuttle 6.0 works fine some of the times, but then later on it will start to make a weird white noise/scratchy sound. When the weird noise isn't on it works great. But the noise reappears randomly. (Forget about the other stuff I said in my first post ;) .) And the Shuttle is plugged in straight to the cabinet.
  9. B-string

Why not PM agedhorse? He has walked many users though basic trouble shooting and most common issues with Genz Benz products (he works there). Nice man and always willing to help. :)
  10. Basstreble

Basstreble

Thank you B-string! I appreciate the help! :)
  11. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

Working on it.
  12. B-string

Awesome! I will say again your tireless efforts and dedication to users and Genz Benz is a thing of beauty agedhorse! Never un-noticed. :)
  13. countrybass007

countrybass007

It almost sounds like you're picking up some unwanted signal from somewhere. Have you tried different cable and power cords? And gotten some pretty weird sounds caused by a defective power cord. Just a thought.
  14. darius8

darius8

Or practicing too close to a computer monitor or a TV.