Amp Help

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Aquinas11, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Aquinas11

Aquinas11

Hey guys, I have a question about live sound. I have an Acoustic B450 combo that I pair with a B410 cab, as our band has a very hard hitting drummer and 2 loud guitarists. When we play places with a P/A I use the direct out so I only have to bring the combo, but lately I have noticed that sometimes when playing that the amp is clipping. What's strange to me is that the volume and gain are both not up very high at all so I'm wondering what's going on. Anyone got any ideas? I am but a noob.

2. NWB

NWB

Are you using an active or very hot passive bass?

If so, you may be driving the front of the preamp too hard and need to use the padded (-10 db) input or switch to reduce the incoming signal to a level your amp can work with.

3. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    are you cranking the bass on the eq? this could do it. does your bass have a low eq knob that you're turning up? this could be the culprit, too. are you bouncing the strings off your pickups? third guess. any of these could do that. also, if it just flashes a little, don't worry too much about it. if it happens with every note, just back off the master vol a bit. if it stays on, something needs to change asap.

4. Aquinas11

Aquinas11

I play a p bass most of the time....Now that you mention it, I do think that I have the low eq knob turned up recently. Not bouncing the strings off the pickups at all so I'm guessing that's what its gotta be. And yeah it is just flashing a little every now and then as far as I know. I'll try backing off the low eq knob for our next show and see what happens. Thank you both for your help!

5. Register to disable this ad