1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Amp modeler/pc interface

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Rossatron, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Rossatron

Rossatron

Hi all! I'm looking for something to connect to my pc. I need something to allow me to connect headphones to my pc and play silently along to music and to record. I'm on a budget and don't expect amazing sound quality, the main aim is for the above.
    I've read about the Zoom b2, but have also looked at a Behringer and the Line 6 bass pod, so second hand is an option. Something that contains a modeler would be helpful, or some advice on modeling software that will work with the interface would be appreciated. My pc runs Windows 7, has 4gb of ram (I think), and it's not the newest, so nothing too demanding.

I'm not the best with pcs and software so something simple is prefereable, but I can always learn! Any help/advice is much appreciated! :)

2. Andy_D

Andy_D

3. zachoff

zachoff

I've been using a Line6 TonePort UX1 for years. I've had Gearbox for a long time but I think Pod Farm is what the later models used for modeling software. The bass models are pretty blah so I generally record direct through my pedal board & disto pedals.

If you go to my Soundcloud, everything there with the exception of my old band's EP was recorded through the TonePort. Almost all of the bass was recorded direct, some of it w/ disto pedals, and a lot of the guitar was recorded using the Gearbox models.

4. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

been using the Line Six Tone Port UX2 which is a larger version than the previous poster has....it works great...

Pod Farm software can be updated so there are a lot of choices for bass amps and cabs

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Zoom B3. Great amp models, some nice effects, very clean DI, great tuner and more.

7. Technical6Str

Technical6Str

I'm also using the Line 6 UX-1. My guitarist has a UX-2, and that's what turned me onto it in the first place. Very easy to use, no latency issues, as you listen through it's own output.

Both Gearbox and Pod Farm 2 come as standard software with it. And, as mentioned, Line 6 Monkey comes with it, which will automatically check for updates for you. I run it about once a month, only takes a min. at most.

You'll have hundreds of fully editable tones to choose from. Like it heavy and distorted? Check out "Insane Scoop" and add some mids!!! It's in the "Heavy Guitar" presets.

You can choose between heads, cabs and mics, and even "adjust" the distance from the cab where you place the mic. A virtual studio full of gear for under $200.

I also use Sonoma RiffWorks for recording/song writing. It will loop the recording over and over, then just go through them and pick the best 2 takes. Instant double tracking...REAL double tracking, not just a slight time delay. Drag and drop the "Riffs" into the sequence you want, and voila, a working copy of a song idea in no time.

Hope this helps narrow your choices!

Cheers.

8. Rossatron

Rossatron

Thank you all for the replies! I reckon I'll be going with the Line 6 UX2 or Zoom B3, as I reckon this is pretty much what I'm looking for. I'll check out a few reviews and see which is best :)