1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Amp stand for Avatar 210 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Orpheus55, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Orpheus55

Orpheus55 Supporting Member

I have a very low to the ground Avatar cabinet, weighs about 46 lbs., and I seat my PF500 atop it; with so many of our gigs being at extremely close quarters, I've discovered a need to elevate it in order to hear at lower volumes. I've seen a number of threads about the pros and cons of stands in general, but really am only concerned with portability and making sure my amp head doesn't slide off the cabinet. I am leaning toward the Quicklox below but does anyone have any suggestions as to how to place or secure the head to stay upon it? Or, can I make this stand relatively level but still elevated?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/quik-lok-double-brace-low-profile-amp-stand
  2. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

If I were going the stand route, since the PF is made to screw into a base anyway, I would create some kind of "jig" that was basically a wood base with a lip that caught the front of the leaned-back cabinet.

Or I would just set the cab up on something level, like the top to a guitar amp road case.
  3. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Does your cab have a 4 or 8 Ohm impedance? If its 8, then the perfect, IMHO, stand for it is an identical 8 Ohm 210. Stack them vertical and call it good.
  4. jlane72t

jlane72t Supporting Member

the best "stand" for an avatar210 is another avatar210!
  5. Orpheus55

Orpheus55 Supporting Member

Good ideas; however, since we always have good PA support and I am in my sixties, another cab isn't really an option. I did find that the rubber feet of the PF500 hook pretty firmly onto the front of the cab's lip and a couple of pieces of two-sides Velcro give a bit of security to the back end when the rear rubber feet are removed. I'm looking at the Quick-Lok stand. as I can use it for my GKMB115 as well.