1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Amp Tone Phase Fault

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by wafu_vasco, Jan 5, 2014.

1. wafu_vasco

wafu_vasco

Hi Guys,
    I originally posted this query about a multi-effects pedal, but after some further investigation have found out that this fault is coming from the amplifier…

I have a Trace Elliot Series 6 715 100w amp, and after about 3 or 4 minutes of playing the treble suddenly fades out almost completely. Then, after a few seconds, it fades back in. This fault happens every few minutes or so, just for a few seconds at a time. Does anybody have any ideas of what might cause this and how it might be fixed?

Many thanks!
  2. Geri O

Geri O

No idea of the cause or the fix, but you need to get that amp to a competent shop or back to the factory. I'm guessing you've tried several sources (your guitar, an iPod, etc.)

Geri O
  3. wafu_vasco

wafu_vasco

Yeah, unfortunately tried everything I can think of. Probably best to book it in for repairs, a 1980s Trace Elliot is a lovely thing, even if it is solid state!