1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Amp Tone Phase Fault

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by wafu_vasco, Jan 5, 2014.

1. wafu_vasco

wafu_vasco

Hi Guys,
    I originally posted this query about a multi-effects pedal, but after some further investigation have found out that this fault is coming from the amplifierÂ…

I have a Trace Elliot Series 6 715 100w amp, and after about 3 or 4 minutes of playing the treble suddenly fades out almost completely. Then, after a few seconds, it fades back in. This fault happens every few minutes or so, just for a few seconds at a time. Does anybody have any ideas of what might cause this and how it might be fixed?

Many thanks!

2. Geri O

Geri O

No idea of the cause or the fix, but you need to get that amp to a competent shop or back to the factory. I'm guessing you've tried several sources (your guitar, an iPod, etc.)

Geri O

3. wafu_vasco

wafu_vasco

Yeah, unfortunately tried everything I can think of. Probably best to book it in for repairs, a 1980s Trace Elliot is a lovely thing, even if it is solid state!