1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Ampeg 1960s Baby Bass (London, UK) £2,000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by Clarkybass, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Clarkybass

Clarkybass Supporting Member

For sale in London, an original Ampeg 1960s Baby Bass. It has all the original parts including the metal bridge (pictured below; these often go missing) and cool old velvet-lined hard case. Additionally I had a custom padded gig bag made (by KK Baby Bass) and since taking the photo below have swapped the bridge for a maple bridge with added Shadow SH950 wing pickup (the metal bridge is safe in the case). As a result of my additions (which mirror what Azola did with their BB Reissues in the 1990s), this gives the choice of the slightly dark and relatively quiet original diaphragm pickup or a more double bass-y piezo pickup sound (with stronger treble and mids).

Barring a few very minor surface scrapes and some small abrasions on the back of the neck (which is very skinny front to back, like a Jazz bass rather than a thick old double Bass) it is in quite amazing condition. I would be after £2,000 collected (not keen on posting).

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5152/5894111171_5df7a122a9_z.jpg

Attached Files: