Ampeg 200T SVT Combo

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Light Yoke, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Light Yoke

Light Yoke

Hi All, this is my first post here. I purchased this 1987 200t Ampeg for 2 bills. It cleaned up very nice and looks almost new (missing one knob). 4-10s look to be in great shape also. BUT, after I got it home, I was playing it and the volume would fad out a bit, and then return. Doesn't do it all the time, and doesn't last long. It had been sitting in storage in the back of an old theater for probably years. So, my question to you Ampeg guys, is this worth messing with? I love the sound it produces with my stingray, and it's more than enough for what I'm doing, although rather heavy. Look forward to some wisdom on this. Thanks

2. anderbass

anderbass

Something easy you could do yourself is to try playing the amp with a guitar cord patched in-between your Effects loop, send & return jacks.
    If this corrects the issue, your problem was just dirty switching contacts in the return jack, and you could simply just leave a short cord in place, or clean your return jack with some Deoxit.

3. Light Yoke

Light Yoke

Thank you, I will give this a try

4. Light Yoke

Light Yoke

Thank you anderbass! This seemed to solve the problem. I find some DeoxIt and complete the job. Thanks again.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Light Yoke

Light Yoke

7. anderbass

anderbass

Cool, your welcome :cool: