1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg 25W, Fender Rumble V3, Line6 Ld or GK?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by gsprice696, Feb 11, 2014.

1. gsprice696

gsprice696

So I've been surfing the net trying to figure out which amp would be the best out of these to start with. I don't really want to spend more than $150 on my first amp so I'm pretty sure that eliminates the GK but I'll save a little more if it's really necessary. However I really like the classic look if the Fender rumble V3 with the classic silver grill. But then Line6 is known for making a great guitar amp but I'm not so sure about bass. People are also raving about the Ampeg which the fender and Ampeg r both in my price range so I'm asking u kind people for some words of wisdom. What do u all think?
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Good post and excellent question. I happen to like Fender Rumbles a lot. Even though I haven't played through any of the new Rumbles yet, I am confident that they are the best sounding yet.

If there is any way you could go $180, I'd go with the new Rumble 40 combo. Reasons being that it is Class D power section and shares the very same front end (pre-amp) as it's bigger brothers: 100; 200, and 500. Tonally that is very important.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Rum40/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=narjgOUXksQ
  3. Grissle

Grissle Supporting Member

I love my little Ampeg but the new Fender Rumble 40 class D may just kick the Ampeg BA110's butt!