1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg 410-HLF cab construction digram

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by michaelphenry, Jan 28, 2014.

1. michaelphenry

michaelphenry

I just acquired a used Ampeg 410-HLF cabinet an I want to strip it and re-tolex it. Anyone have a diagram on the cabinet contruction? How to get the speaker baffle out? Any details would be appreciated.

2. wighat

wighat

Why would you want to remove the baffle?

3. michaelphenry

michaelphenry

Maybe I'm on the wrong track? I want to strip the remove the speakers and hardware, strip the tolex, fille cabinet cracks/dings, sand the cabinet, re-tolex the cab, then reinstall the speakers. Leaving the speakers installed would be to heavy to work with the cabinet. Is the baffle (including the speakers removable? It seemed easier to leave the speakers attached to the baffle, so reinstallation wouldn't involve re-wiring anything.

4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Baffle glued in permanent. You just remove the speakers. Make a diagram of the wiring as you go, and/or, take masking tape or something and label each connecton.

Then remove all other hardware, etc. Strip, refinish, reassemble.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. michaelphenry

michaelphenry

Thanks will33. For some reason I envisioned the entire baffle board coming out freely with speakers attached. Duh... Makes sense that baffle board would be permanently attached so as not to rattle over time. Actually this should make the project easier and provide better protection for the speakers.

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

If you go through the painful process of removing the tolex, don't put tolex on again.
    Use a painted protection like Duratex or something similar.
    They are more resistant, easy to repair with touchups if needed and lighter.