1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg 410-HLF cab construction digram

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by michaelphenry, Jan 28, 2014.

1. michaelphenry

michaelphenry

I just acquired a used Ampeg 410-HLF cabinet an I want to strip it and re-tolex it. Anyone have a diagram on the cabinet contruction? How to get the speaker baffle out? Any details would be appreciated.
  2. wighat

wighat

Why would you want to remove the baffle?
  3. michaelphenry

michaelphenry

Maybe I'm on the wrong track? I want to strip the remove the speakers and hardware, strip the tolex, fille cabinet cracks/dings, sand the cabinet, re-tolex the cab, then reinstall the speakers. Leaving the speakers installed would be to heavy to work with the cabinet. Is the baffle (including the speakers removable? It seemed easier to leave the speakers attached to the baffle, so reinstallation wouldn't involve re-wiring anything.
  4. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Baffle glued in permanent. You just remove the speakers. Make a diagram of the wiring as you go, and/or, take masking tape or something and label each connecton.

Then remove all other hardware, etc. Strip, refinish, reassemble.
  5. michaelphenry

michaelphenry

Thanks will33. For some reason I envisioned the entire baffle board coming out freely with speakers attached. Duh... Makes sense that baffle board would be permanently attached so as not to rattle over time. Actually this should make the project easier and provide better protection for the speakers.
  6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

If you go through the painful process of removing the tolex, don't put tolex on again.
    Use a painted protection like Duratex or something similar.
    They are more resistant, easy to repair with touchups if needed and lighter.