1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg 4x10 broken tweeter?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Spiffmeister, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Spiffmeister

Spiffmeister Meister of the Spiffs Gold Supporting Member

Howdy!

I just plugged in my Ampeg 4x10 today, and I think the tweeter might be broken... The sound is just very dark, and EQ-ing doesn't really brighten it much. On top of that, I get a very noticable buzz when playing certain high notes, like the high A and high E. Other high notes don't have that buzz, or not that much, however...

Is this a broken tweeter? Or do I remember the Ampeg sound just being much brighter and is this just some frequencies resonating a bit?

There's still some months of warrantee left on the cab, so I can always bring it in, but I'd chck with you guys first, in case I'm missing something :)
  2. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

Could be, but the good news is replacing it isn't that expensive. You might even want to upgrade it if your going to change it anyways
  3. Spiffmeister

Spiffmeister Meister of the Spiffs Gold Supporting Member

Yeah exactly, and it's still on warrantee :) However, I'm not sure I still want a tweeter, I'm curious how it'll sound without it. Or will it be the same like it does now, but without the buzzing?

What upgrades are you thinking about?