Ampeg 4x8 cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JIM SR, Dec 24, 2013.

1. JIM SR

JIM SR

Hello!
    Being a luthier more than a player, I have a question!
    I have in my possession an Ampeg 4x8 Classic Series cabinet.
    Does anyone have an idea of value and is this something that would be sold easily?
  2. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    They don't come up very often but the last one I saw was for sale couple of years ago for $400. I know the seller wasn't getting much interest and dropped the price several times. I don't think it ever sold.
  3. Vintagefiend

Vintagefiend I don't care for 410 cabinets at all. Supporting Member

I saw an 8x6 Ampeg cab for sale on Craigslist for $100 in StL...and I almost grabbed it out of curiosity.

Almost.

far as I know, it didn't sell.
  4. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

They are great sounding cabs, good on top of a 15. But a bit of a hard sell since its unusual.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pb9717

pb9717 Supporting Member

i own one that i got on a trade a GC for a 2x10 that i shall not name. it had the stock poly drivers. GC price was $199 used. i ended up overexcurding one of the stock polycone/ rubber surround drivers, so i opted to change all 4 for mcm paper cone, cast frame drivers. it increased the cabs wattage handling from 200W to 320w program, 600w peak. made a huge difference in the sound too. i have been a Henry 8x8 cab user for years, butthis is my first Ampeg cab since i had an SVT in the 70's. you'll probably have to screw the grill to the cab too as they falll off. i did agig with it lladt friday and it was a spectacular bass monitor. band i was subbing with had two huge JBL powered subs, so i didnt have to worry about super low end. these cabs are super rare, but i like 8's so im definetely gonna keep it.