1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg 4x8 cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JIM SR, Dec 24, 2013.

1. JIM SR

JIM SR

Hello!
    Being a luthier more than a player, I have a question!
    I have in my possession an Ampeg 4x8 Classic Series cabinet.
    Does anyone have an idea of value and is this something that would be sold easily?
  2. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    They don't come up very often but the last one I saw was for sale couple of years ago for $400. I know the seller wasn't getting much interest and dropped the price several times. I don't think it ever sold.
  3. Vintagefiend

Vintagefiend I don't care for 410 cabinets at all. Supporting Member

I saw an 8x6 Ampeg cab for sale on Craigslist for $100 in StL...and I almost grabbed it out of curiosity.

Almost.

far as I know, it didn't sell.
  4. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

They are great sounding cabs, good on top of a 15. But a bit of a hard sell since its unusual.
  5. pb9717

pb9717 Supporting Member

i own one that i got on a trade a GC for a 2x10 that i shall not name. it had the stock poly drivers. GC price was $199 used. i ended up overexcurding one of the stock polycone/ rubber surround drivers, so i opted to change all 4 for mcm paper cone, cast frame drivers. it increased the cabs wattage handling from 200W to 320w program, 600w peak. made a huge difference in the sound too. i have been a Henry 8x8 cab user for years, butthis is my first Ampeg cab since i had an SVT in the 70's. you'll probably have to screw the grill to the cab too as they falll off. i did agig with it lladt friday and it was a spectacular bass monitor. band i was subbing with had two huge JBL powered subs, so i didnt have to worry about super low end. these cabs are super rare, but i like 8's so im definetely gonna keep it.