1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg 7 Pro Musicians fried deal of day 499

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Tunaman, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

2. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

3. hifibass

hifibass Supporting Member

This is the amp that Roger Waters and G.E. Smith used on the last "The Wall" tour. Killer price.
  4. Fred312b

Fred312b

It's a "restock", but still... very tempting... :bassist:
  5. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Does anyone know if these are the old rev C00 units that had issues with cutting out? Or are these the newer units with the fix for those problems?
  6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Not that this has much if any bearing on the deal, but if you get one note that the rack ears are not included.
  7. Tunaman

Not an ampeg fan myself but I thought it was a decent deal... is it really a restock? How many restocks can you have?
  8. paparoof

paparoof

oh crap.... this is gonna be hard to resist. hopefully it's sold out soon.
  9. Bongolation

Bongolation

Large lots of restocks usually mean there's been a serious production problem that's caused big numbers of returns which have been exchanged, repaired and sold as secondary stock.

This has happened numerous times with the imported Ampegs.
  10. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

According to the phone rep at Musicians Friend, these come with a full factory warranty. May be worth rolling the dice.....
  11. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

what model are these, C00 or D00
  12. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

When I asked the phone rep what model/revision level, he had no idea. That pretty much makes it a roll of the dice....
  13. Tunaman

Its ridiculous we have to even ask these questions... its too bad. I remember when people were bashing the Streamliner 900 for the 7pro

If this refurb sale & these questions aren't the nail in the coffin for that discussion...
  14. TXLawDawg

TXLawDawg Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

The content of this thread since its original posting makes the typo in the title humorous...
  15. AllenLee

AllenLee

MF has fried deals too? They're starting to expand into KFC territory now...
  16. VeganThump

VeganThump Supporting Member

I'm assuming that these were sold new, had problems and were returned, then repaired and now being sold as restocks? Maybe I'm naive but I feel like since it is a factory restock, clearly any issues it had were fixed by Ampeg and this should be functioning properly.
  17. VeganThump

Ok I just pulled the trigger, I've been GASing for of these for months, I certainly couldn't pass this up, I'll let you know how it works out!
  18. paparoof

paparoof

*my comments are not about Ampeg specifically, just about manufacturing in general*

I tend to actually feel a little better about refurbs than about reg'ler old "new" stuff. The "new" stuff just flies through the regular production process and who knows what kind of attention (if any) it receives. In my version of reality (?) refurbs are at least touched and tested by an actual human who sez "yep, this one works good now".

I had a very hard time passing this one up. Good luck with your new amp, I hope you enjoy many years of happiness together.
  19. VeganThump

My thoughts exactly! I'm so glad the first person to chime in was positive!! I can't wait for it arrive!! :hyper: :bassist:
  20. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

Buy it refurbed and add the MF extended warranty. You're covered for 2-3 years and it is transferable if/when you sell it...