Ampeg B100R or Eden Nemesis NC115

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dimmies, Nov 14, 2012.

1. dimmies

dimmies

I'm a mature age beginner... just purchased a 2011 Fender Jazz and was getting a bit bored of trying to learn 'acoustically'... :p

Anyway, I've found a couple of used amps that I'm considering:
    - Ampeg B100R or
    - Eden Nemesis NC115

Both amps are advertised as very good condition and both are similar in price.

The only other option I have is to get an Eden EX112 cab and a small head, though this would be new as it's difficult to find used where I am. This head and cab combo will cost me close to double of the used amps above.

Could you guys give a beginner some advice as to which is a nicer amp? My musically styles are Christian worship, Pop, and Rock. I have no pretentions that I will play in a band or coffee houses... :D

many thanks
  2. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I'd go with the B100R... honestly one of the most excellent amps I've ever played. It has a generally vintage tone character and it's super easy to dial in a great sound. What I find unique/uncommon about it is that it can pull off a cool and spongey kind of responsiveness that you'd normally have to go to a really expensive amp for. It can get pretty loud if you ever need it to.
  3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

My opinion is that the Ampeg B100R is the best combo out there.
  4. Alexander

Alexander

Ampeg B100R will likely keep you smiling for a good long while. I agree it is one of the best combos out there
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dougjwray

dougjwray

I prefer the Ampeg one, too. I've owned one since 2000, and have used it on many gigs. I've tried the Nemesis only once, at a rehearsal space, and it lacked clarity (to me). Too tubby, or boomy.
  7. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

The B100R has been one of the best performers in its category for a long time. And the vintage look is very appealing.
  8. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member Supporting Member

I owned both. Well, almost. I owned the Nemesis NS115 not the NC115. Both are great combos and the B100R ranks among my all time favorites. On the flip side, the NS115/NC115 is more portable and has more overall flexibility in tone, IMHO.
  9. stiles72

stiles72

B-100R. Next best thing to a real B15
  10. THand

THand Supporting Member

I have the EN15 and the B200R...I don't know what the tell ya, lol.
    Both are good amps. The ampeg has the ampeg sound for rock and pop, if that's what you are looking for.
    If you are looking for a more modern sounding tone for the church gigs, the Nemesis would be better..
    Just buy both ;)
  11. dimmies

dimmies

Wow.. resounding preference is the B100R.

Just another candidate... the GK MB112. Would the GK MB112 be a better amp or the B100R still reign?
  12. main_sale

main_sale

+1 for the Ampeg B-100R. It's hard to beat, especially for the money. I'll never part with mine!
  13. tsunami1052

tsunami1052 What the Funk? Supporting Member

14. lowend1

lowend1

Me and my two B100Rs vote for the B100R.
  15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Looks like a mandate. The Nemmy isn't bad at all, but the B100R is a special amp.
  16. Alex1984

Alex1984

B100R's too tough to beat, being what it is.