Ampeg B2 amp HELP NEEDED FAST!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JanNapalm, Mar 1, 2014.

1. JanNapalm

JanNapalm

Greetings! Im here new at the forums! and i need some help and wanted to read more into what is on the forums here too so that's why i registered!

(Im sorry for my english Im a Russian guy living in Norway)

So the problem is that i recently got an Ampeg B2 amp for my rack but the issue i got was when i first booted it on the fan didn's start running. Is that suposed to happen?
    and second when i booted it up with my Basspod just to check if everything was working the fuse for the room whent out...

Can you guys give me any pointers?

Best Regards Jan Napalm.
  2. jeffmensch

jeffmensch Supporting Member Supporting Member

The fan on the B2 is variable speed and temperature controlled. It won't start running until the amp has been on for a while and starting to heat up. This may take a while if you're playing at low volume and not pushing the amp too hard.

The fuse blowing in the room may just be too much current draw from the two devices. Try plugging one of them in a different outlet. This is just a guess since I have no experience with Norwegian AC power. Hopefully someone local will chime in. Good luck.
  3. JanNapalm

JanNapalm

Thanks a lot for your help! i was worried since this is my first bass rig and im on a budget so i bought the amp used so i was worried sick that the guy who sold it to me gave me an amp with faults but now i am sure that all is okay!

Thanks again!