1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Ampeg B2-RE Bass Head buzzing

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DUGL4S, Feb 9, 2013.

1. DUGL4S

DUGL4S

Feb 9, 2013
    Hey everyone! I recently bought a used Ampeg B2-RE Bass Head from guitar center. I ordered it online and it came in pretty fast and it looked to be in really good condition. Has a few scratches and dings, but they are barely noticeable. I also ordered an Ampeg SVT-810E cab. I needed bass gear because a band asked me to play bass for them on tour (The Air I Breathe) and I leave on Tuesday. The problem I'm having is the bass head is making a buzzing noise when I play. It's not like feedback, it only does it when I play and it almost sounds like I'm running a distortion pedal. Sounds like the buzzing is in the actual tone. That's really the only way I know how to explain it. Also, when I have the volume up to half way, it's pretty quiet. Obviously there is something wrong with it. I opened it up just to see if there was anything that didn't look right. Everything looks to be in tact and ok. I tried all kinds of different cables and power sources and no change. The head and cab support speakon cables though, so I was thinking of maybe trying that to see if maybe its the regular outputs on the head that are broken. Also, the cab works fine. I used a friends head to test it out and it sounds great. I figured I'd see if this was something I could fix myself or get fixed quickly because I leave in 3 days. If needed I may be able to upload a sound clip of what it sounds like to my dropbox. Any help at all would be appreciated!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'd bring it back to GC if I were you. Spend the money on something you can depend on.

3. Sponsored by: