1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Ampeg B2-RE Bass Head buzzing

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DUGL4S, Feb 9, 2013.

1. DUGL4S

DUGL4S

Hey everyone! I recently bought a used Ampeg B2-RE Bass Head from guitar center. I ordered it online and it came in pretty fast and it looked to be in really good condition. Has a few scratches and dings, but they are barely noticeable. I also ordered an Ampeg SVT-810E cab. I needed bass gear because a band asked me to play bass for them on tour (The Air I Breathe) and I leave on Tuesday. The problem I'm having is the bass head is making a buzzing noise when I play. It's not like feedback, it only does it when I play and it almost sounds like I'm running a distortion pedal. Sounds like the buzzing is in the actual tone. That's really the only way I know how to explain it. Also, when I have the volume up to half way, it's pretty quiet. Obviously there is something wrong with it. I opened it up just to see if there was anything that didn't look right. Everything looks to be in tact and ok. I tried all kinds of different cables and power sources and no change. The head and cab support speakon cables though, so I was thinking of maybe trying that to see if maybe its the regular outputs on the head that are broken. Also, the cab works fine. I used a friends head to test it out and it sounds great. I figured I'd see if this was something I could fix myself or get fixed quickly because I leave in 3 days. If needed I may be able to upload a sound clip of what it sounds like to my dropbox. Any help at all would be appreciated!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I'd bring it back to GC if I were you. Spend the money on something you can depend on.