1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg: B2R vs PF350

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by CriminalCypress, Dec 28, 2012.

1. CriminalCypress

CriminalCypress

I'm pretty satisfied with the tone my PF350 puts out, but my local GC just listed a used B2R for $150. I'm thinking I could trade in my PF350 and my rather bland Kustom cab in for the B2R and a Yorkville 410. However, I've heard that the B2R doesn't really get too loud, so would it be a wise choice to replace my PF350 for it?

The main reason why i'm doing it is to lose the awful Kustom Cab and get a somewhat more decent Yorkville, but i still need opinions.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    No way I'd make that trade. I think the PF350 sounds better. Had one for over a year now. The B2R and that whole series of amps were designed to attract buyers who wouldn't ordinarily be interested in an Ampeg amp, and for that reason, it's my least favorite ;) Sells pretty well, but not my thang.

3. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

Keep the PF350. The B2R is definitely not a better choice. Trade your cab and grab some more cash - get the Yorkville 410 and your PF350 will most likely sound amazing and louder!

4. dave_p

dave_p

the B2R is anemic and dull sounding. no tone and no juice.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CriminalCypress

CriminalCypress

The kustom 115 cab really muddies the tone and lacks punch, which i'm hoping the yorkville 410 will offer. It seems that the B2R isn't well liked here, any more opinions?

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

The B2R sounds bland and lacks power, especially compared to the PF.