1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg B2R with GK410 Neo ???

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Toddbass65, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Toddbass65

Toddbass65 Supporting Member

I have a GK410 Neo cab 8ohms and am looking for a cheap head to use with it at rehearsal. Found an ampeg b2r cheap that a guy needs to sell. Good combo??? I play in a 2guitar hard rock band. Would I be able to push that head enough to compete with the guitars? I run the Sheehan pedal or an mxr m80 as a preamp. What does everybody think?
  2. MegaSwing

MegaSwing The Artist Formerly Known As Edward G. Gold Supporting Member

IMO, it depends on how cheap you can get the B2r. If it's not less than $200, there are better deals on much better amps. The GK 410 NEO will likely sound good with anything, because it has such an in-your-face presence and great efficiency. Personally, I think the B2r is a little weak on its own, but for cheap, with a pedal and preamp, it could work.
  3. Toddbass65

Toddbass65 Supporting Member

Way less than 200!
  4. MegaSwing

MegaSwing The Artist Formerly Known As Edward G. Gold Supporting Member

With those conditions satisfied, I'd at least try it. You can always sell it if you don't love it.
  5. Basshappi

Basshappi

I've been using a B2r for a couple of years in a loud rock band. It will do just fine.