Ampeg B3

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by D L Parish, Jan 28, 2014.

1. D L Parish

D L Parish

Hi All

i have a chance to get a Ampeg B3 combo. It has 1 15" speaker and 150 watts and a 9 band eq + other stuff. it look nice i have not played it yet.

i can get this from a pawn shop, they want $299 or $250 cash or will put it on lay-a-way for $299. $80 down and $80 a month for 3 months. i dont have $300 to let loose of right now but i can do $80 a month.

so what i am asking is how good is this amp.And is this a good deal?

i do not play in a band or want too i just play with some friends that come over now and then.

here is a link to the manual. www.ampeg.com/manuals/b-3.pdf‎

THANKS Don

[​IMG]
  2. G00D+~VIBES

G00D+~VIBES

Hi Don,

I play one of these. Only mine has a 15 and an 8 mid. Good amp for moderate to lower volumes. Voiced a bit tighter, like an SVT. Sounds like it will fill your needs and then some. Oh and the DI on mine has come in quite handy from time to time.
  3. Warwick Qc418

Warwick Qc418 Supporting Member

It's a fine amp but for 300$ now you could have lighter gear. Look at the new fender rumble or GK mb.
  4. D L Parish

D L Parish

HI Warwick

i found 2 fender rumble 150s at pawn shop price is $250 made in china can buy new around $280 free shipping. ampeg is usa made.

i dont hear the Talkbass community giving the praise and admiration to the Fender rumble amps that i see for anything Ampeg. as far as GK and Genz Benz any i found is priced so for out of my pocket book that it is not an option.
    but thanks for you input i do respect all opinions

PS i just talked to a guy that has a peavey 410 bass cabinet for $100 might go take a look this weekend. and look for some kinda head .

Don
  5. G00D+~VIBES

G00D+~VIBES

410 might be overkill for playing around the house, but if you have the space and the neighbors don't mind, DO IT!
  6. D L Parish

D L Parish

i was in a local music store here (ma and paw) and i astk abot this used ampeg ba115 in good shape. he told me i can have it for $150 and would put it on lay away for that price.

is this a good amp?
    is this a good price?

i see them go from there up on ebay.

but i need to know any known problem with this amp.

Thanks Don
  7. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

The BA 115, if it works and in good shape, for $150, I'd go for it.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The only problem I've ever heard about the BA115 is that some complain that the tweeter gets a little hissy. Personally, I don't think it's any more hissy than any other budget tweeter in a budget combo, but that's easily solved, though...disconnect the tweeter and play it like the Good Lord intended an Ampeg to sound ;)
  9. D L Parish

D L Parish

Thanks to All

Don
  10. D L Parish

D L Parish

Hi all i Went and played the Ampeg BA115 combo. It sounds nice and worked fine super nice tone. I put it on lay-a-way for $150.

i will pick it up after the first of march.

Thanks to all Don
  11. D L Parish

D L Parish

this is kind a neat. I put a nice used Ampeg BA115 on layaway a bout 3 months ago and been paying on it at the first of the month for three months now.

So to day i went to pick it up and they could not find it, found the tag on the floor but no amp. after looking for a bit they came out with a nice Ampeg BA115HP and gave that to me for the same price of $150.00 total. i will post a pic soon. after i got it home plugged it and i am in love kinda. it can't cook or clean but it talks so sweet to me. lol.

Don