1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg BA-108 25 V Orange Crush 25?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Jacnjay, May 9, 2013.

1. Jacnjay

Jacnjay

I'm looking for a home practise amp & have checked reviews online. Both seem to suit my situation but was wondering if anyone has used them before & has an opinion?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Only the BA108. The BA108 is a killer little amp for the money, but honestly, if you can swing it, get the BA110. It only weighs a couple pounds more and gets a good bit louder.

3. Jacnjay

Jacnjay

Yeah, I must admit I was leaning towards the Ampeg.. Thanks, I'll check out the 110

4. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

How does the BA110 or BA115 compare to the older B50R? I have a B50R and I'm curious if it would be worth me possibly replacing it with a BA115. I think I'd still keep the Rocket but the BA115 looks pretty sweet for a practice amp for home.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I have never heard the B50R, but I have heard the B100R, and if they're anything alike, I'd totally hang onto it.

7. gregmon79

Other than wattage of course. I know that the 115 is 100 watts as opposed to the B50R being 50 watts. Im wondering if they sound any different from each other. And I would be able to use the 115 at a gig wouldnt I? Becasue it has an XLR out right?

8. gregmon79

Oh, Ill never get rid of my B50R. Just curious to on opinions to "upgrade" to the BA115. Would it be an upgrade so to speak other than wattage?

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Yep, the BA115 has an XLR out. Wish I could tell you how they compare tonally.

10. CnB77

CnB77

I played the B100R once and it sounded good, I wasn't a huge fan of the BA115. Also the wattage difference between those two will be almost negligible

11. gregmon79

What about the B50R?? I don't have the 100 and I've heard they are just a bit different. The 100 has more low end or something. Obviously. I'd like to know how the B50R stacks up to the BA115 tonally.

12. Jacnjay

Jacnjay

I notice the Ampeg BA-108 has an 'Effects Loop' with 'Return', 'Send', and 'Line Out' outputs..... how does this work? I use a Behringer Bass V-Amp

13. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass

The B108 has great reviews, hardly hear of the Orange.
    The B110 is great, but the BA115 is larger.
    Actually The BA115HP has much more power and has wheels!
    Just kidding here folks!:bag:

Here's a link to people who have modded the heck out of the BA108 with some pretty great success. I subscribed to this thread and every couple days people comment on it. Also most of the reviews on the website stores are pretty positive that they're great bang for the buck.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/ampeg-ba-108-coffeeshop-micro-rig-915633/

Bear in mind this is a little guy but it does have the heart of an Ampeg! :)

Good luck :bassist:

14. Peke

Peke

I had a BA108 and hated it. Sound started farting when volume was set at ten o'clock. Good things were the "tiltback" design and that it was light.