1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg BA110 bad humming sound????

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Sparty, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Sparty

Sparty

Have got an ampeg BA110 practice amp but ever since I've had it it has a hum ( earth type sound). She plays fine just shouldn't have that hum. I Would send it back but I ordered a BA108 and they sent a BA110 by mistake (not complaining) just want to know if there's a cure for the humming noise (not feedback- hums when no inputs in play).
    Tried different kettle leads - no change.
    Anybody got any ideas.
    Cheers sparty..
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Tried different outlets?
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Tried a different power cord in case the ground lead is open?
  4. Sparty

Sparty

Have tried different kettle leads ( ones the band uses regular ) still the same (Although i havent checked they were earthed tho).Just had a thought that I'm in UK perhaps this unit was built for the states. Would that make any difference??
    Personally I can live with it. its just for home use but if I want to move it on then it will effect the sale...
    For 35 watts it really kicks out some noise.. When the neighbours are fighting I just turn it on and smash out a few base lines-rattles the walls. They soon start banging in the walls ( the power of bass) argument over.
    Ha...
  5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

If you bought it from a UK supplier then it should be correct for your area, especially if it was supplied with a 13A plug. The operating voltage should be clearly marked on the back panel. An amp should make little noise without anything in the input. If it does I would think the unit faulty.
  6. Woodstockz

Woodstockz

Is your bass shielded? I have a P-bass that hums. I hope to fix that with shielding and new pickups.