Ampeg BA110 bad humming sound????

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Sparty, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Sparty

Sparty

Have got an ampeg BA110 practice amp but ever since I've had it it has a hum ( earth type sound). She plays fine just shouldn't have that hum. I Would send it back but I ordered a BA108 and they sent a BA110 by mistake (not complaining) just want to know if there's a cure for the humming noise (not feedback- hums when no inputs in play).
    Tried different kettle leads - no change.
    Anybody got any ideas.
    Cheers sparty..
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Tried different outlets?
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Tried a different power cord in case the ground lead is open?
  4. Sparty

Sparty

Have tried different kettle leads ( ones the band uses regular ) still the same (Although i havent checked they were earthed tho).Just had a thought that I'm in UK perhaps this unit was built for the states. Would that make any difference??
    Personally I can live with it. its just for home use but if I want to move it on then it will effect the sale...
    For 35 watts it really kicks out some noise.. When the neighbours are fighting I just turn it on and smash out a few base lines-rattles the walls. They soon start banging in the walls ( the power of bass) argument over.
    Ha...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

If you bought it from a UK supplier then it should be correct for your area, especially if it was supplied with a 13A plug. The operating voltage should be clearly marked on the back panel. An amp should make little noise without anything in the input. If it does I would think the unit faulty.
  7. Woodstockz

Woodstockz

Is your bass shielded? I have a P-bass that hums. I hope to fix that with shielding and new pickups.