Ampeg BA115T service manual?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by motionmac, Dec 23, 2012.

1. motionmac

motionmac

Does anyone know where I can get a service manual for my Ampeg BA115T? The fuse keeps blowing and I want to test as many of the components as I can before I send it to get fixed.
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Might try a PM to Jerrold Tiers. If you don't have the skill set to repair I have my doubts you'll have the skill set to make use of the info?
  3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

If the fuse is blowing the cause is most often the output transistors. If you are sending the amp for repair you'll gain nothing by opening the amp up. you could possibly make matters worse.
  4. anderbass

anderbass

motionmac, did you already take a peak inside the cab to make sure the speaker/horn wires aren't causing the short?

Lots of BA115 owners disconnect the horn; those 2 wires could be shorted together, or maybe one of spade connectors at your 15" speaker rattled off and is simply touching/shorting against the other...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. motionmac

motionmac

I did check the wires going to the tweeter and woofer and they're on tight. I took the board out to look at it and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I'm not an electrician and I'll end up taking it in for repair if I can get a hold of anyone (the holidays). Of course I have a gig New Years eve and I sold my other setup so I think I'm screwed.